[NL20-NL50] [SH] JJ against fish

• Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      Villain is a 44/33 player on a verry smal sample (9). Quite unknown but i thought he was a fish, according to his stacksize and stats.

I 3bet for value. On the flop i don't see the point of cbetting against this guy. Since he checks behind i don't put him on a real hand.

On the turn i bet for some value against tx,8x or a draw.

Most draws miss on the river. I dont accomplish annything by betting here. I think villain is able of bluffing a draw so i decide to c/c since he won't beat me that often.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $58.19
      BB:
      $100.00
      MP2:
      $53.66
      MP3:
      $40.58
      CO:
      $94.53
      BU:
      $17.99

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP3 calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.5) T, K, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($11.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP3 calls $5.00.

River: ($21.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $13.00, Hero calls $13.00.

Final Pot: $47.5.
  • 5 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

It doesn't really make sense to change your hand into a bluffcatcher and then bet the turn yourself.
      I would also check/call the flop and if he checks behind still stick to the plan and this check/call again.

If you bet, do it a bit bigger.

I would fold the river though, I can't see that many bluffs in his range (I expect hands with sd value to check behind)

Farma
    • Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      Mwah i think the t bet is quite ok, since there are so many nasty rivers on which we can not call a bet, like anny q/a. I suppose some protection is needed. Villain is unlikely to be drawing on this board given te preflop action. A:sj and a:sq are the only 2 combo's that are drawing here imo.

You expect hands with sd value to check behind, but you can't see many bluffs when he bets? :)

Villain shows AJo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sjors777,

You make your hand quite easy to read this way that it's rather a made hand, therefore you ain't getting called from a lot worse hands. Though I don't think that he will have many hands on the river either what have us beat, anything like weaker hands as QQ would Check behind and any Kx would most likely bet the flop to protect. So as played seems to be fine.

Though the wrong play is on the turn I'd say as long turning your hand into bluff-catcher should do the same on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      wouldn't bet flop still be a much better play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Verum
      wouldn't bet flop still be a much better play?
      And what on turn? :) Check/Fold?