[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Herocall?

• Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      Villain 98/14 4.4 over 128 hands. Biggest fish ever.

On the flop he plays his hand just like a set or a draw. Since he doesn't raise the t i put him on a draw.
      There is no value in betting the r imo. After checking i should call his bet, because he will bet allot of his busted draws. Sometimes he will have qx but thats just a cooler i suppose.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $43.43
      BU:
      $27.71
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB (Hero):
      $64.95
      MP3:
      $36.05

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, T.
      MP3 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.6) T, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.6) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP3 calls $1.75.

River: ($6.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75.
  • 3 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

It's super hard to continue being oop after his flopraise, I would just leave it alone while we don't have invested much into the pot. It's really marginal.

I don't really understand the donkbet here. I would go for check/call again as played to keep his range wide.

Since overbets are mostly for value I let him have it

Farma
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      What variety of super fish is he, passive or aggressive?

If passive I would ditch it on the flop and wait for a better spot.

If aggressive I would snap call the river,

I often wouldn't even fold A high and would play that the same way facing the flop raise had this been a raised pot where I had raised preflop, In a limped pot its different a story for A high but I wouldnt be folding TP against this player type.

The worst that can happen is you lost the pot and gain enough information about him to stack him shortly (note: after 128 hands you should already have alot of information on him - he is your mark at the table, get busy with the note taking in him).

You will get shown bottom pair sometimes and feel a bit silly but much more often you will see a draw/random air ball.

Your turn bets makes no sense though really, if he is bad aggressive then just checkcall down and let him have initiative.

How quick did he call the turnbet? if he insta called then its a pretty indicator that he has some kind of draw.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you at least see flop tp hand against min-rraise. So b/f your tp should also be fine- since he only min-raised and he may do that with very wide range I would prefer just calling and then c/evaluate on the turn (likely call again half pot bet).
      Against his river overbet I would fold- you mostly see there nuts

best regards,