Did I 3-bet AA good here? - Micro Stakes SNG

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

The outcome speaks for itself. It happens, and I need to move on if I want to be a better player.

Poker Stars $1.32+$0.18 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1864700
      The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+2: t1360 68 BBs
      MP1: t1490 74.50 BBs
      Hero (MP2): t1360 68 BBs
      CO: t2860 143 BBs
      BTN: t620 31 BBs
      SB: t1480 74 BBs
      BB: t1400 70 BBs
      UTG: t1500 75 BBs
      UTG+1: t1430 71.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is MP2 with As Ah
      4 folds, Hero raises to t60, 2 folds, SB raises to t160, 1 fold, Hero raises to t400, SB raises to t1480 all in, Hero calls t960 all in

Flop: (t2740) Ks 6c Tc (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t2740) 8c (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t2740) Kc (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t2740
      Hero shows As Ah (two pair, Aces and Kings)
      SB shows Kd Kh (four of a kind, Kings)
      SB wins t2740
  • 14 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      you got lucky pre flop having AA and he got very unlucky having KK when yu have AA, then he got lucky post flop and yu got unlucky, thats the way i look at it, could have easily been the other way around
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i don't really get it, are you considering calling and going for pot control if you don't flop quads? :D
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      LOL that made me laugh. Thanks, I really needed that.

Watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN2L99eddk
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i don't really get it, are you considering calling and going for pot control if you don't flop quads? :D
      :coolface:

• bettingstation
      bettingstation
      Bronze
      thats poker... you can do if you have lots of chips dont go all in if you got pair ace...
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      Hand is playerd great, but bead beats happen, that's all.
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      Now I watched the hand, OMG I just can't believe it, I never fold ACES, even if 5 man go all in :D I know that aces will hardly win against 5 man for examples, but if u don't trust AA preflop, what hand u would trust at all :D
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      I was fascinated by the original post. The luckster here had Kings. Nobody is ever folding Kings preflop, in this tournament situation, IMHO.

My only reservatiion is that the opening raise was too small, for the PS recommendation at 10/20 is 4xBB, and Scott Fischman advises 5XBB, but this would not have altered the outcome.

If it is any consolation, worse things happen. A few years back, I folded in the early stages of a a 10-man SNG, and some fellow after me put in a big raise. A fellow a few seats away reraised him, and soon both of them were all-in.

Each fellow showed AA. Chopped pot? Nope! Four clubs fell on the board, eliminating the fellow who had been careless enough to neglect the Ace of clubs...
      :D

Personally, whenever I get aces, I EXPECT to have them cracked ....
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kalychko
      Now I watched the hand, OMG I just can't believe it, I never fold ACES, even if 5 man go all in :D I know that aces will hardly win against 5 man for examples, but if u don't trust AA preflop, what hand u would trust at all :D
      That video is taken out of context. That dude is not a pro, but an amateur, who just won over $100k (the kind of money he's never seen in his life before) and had a good chance to pick the NAPT passport if he managed to keep that money.

But, no, I would like to think I wouldn't fold Aces in his situation either.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      You should definately go for pot control here. AA is not so strong and many hands beat you on that flop. Easy raise/call preflop and check/fold flop.

I understand you love people pat your back. Post this hand on more violent forums, I dare you :f_biggrin:
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hey how were you able to get the youtube video onto your post? I tried getting the code for it but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

MB
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      When you reply to a post, there is a youtube button just above the edit window.
      Click it, and enter the complete URL for the youtube video.

works for me :)

I'm moving this the the tournament strategy section.

My own opinion though, is that the hand was played fine.

Once the chips are in, it is all up to the cards.

Folding AA preflop was the CORRECT move for the loose cannon.
      If he folds, he has a 100% chance at a life-changing amount of money.
      If he plays his AA, he has a non-zero chance of losing that amount.

I have folded AA pre only once -- and that was in a double-or-nothing where I was a mid stack with two cripples on the bubble. I still felt stupid doing it.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      In micro stakes I would basically never not 4bet my aces if there is possibility for it. In this hand I would always 4bet. When villain 3bet with no position its always good to 4bet basically. If he is fish he will continue with too wide range and if he is regular he likely has very tight range for that 3bet.

In higher stake games there is situations where you might want to just flat open raise or villain 3bet versus other regular, if 3bet or 4bet would look extremely strong ---> Reg would fold too big part of his range, which can be problem sometimes and slowplaying might be more optimal chaise.
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Glopslart

If it is any consolation, worse things happen. A few years back, I folded in the early stages of a a 10-man SNG, and some fellow after me put in a big raise. A fellow a few seats away reraised him, and soon both of them were all-in.

Each fellow showed AA. Chopped pot? Nope! Four clubs fell on the board, eliminating the fellow who had been careless enough to neglect the Ace of clubs...
      :D
      I think that was me.
      I remember the exact same thing happen to me about 3 years back.
      As for the hand above, just unlucky.