NL2 Cash Table

His stats:

80VPIP/33PFR/60AFq/23% 3bet (40 hands)

I raise CO to 8c (4bb)
      He 3bets to 33c
      Everyone else folds round
      I shove for $2.10
      He calls, shows KK

Is it being results orientated to say this was a bad move? I don't like going broke with AQ but his stats are crazy. I think he calls with a lot of dominated hands.

Should I have waited for a better spot?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello metza,

Why would you shove in first place there? It's quite obvious that your AQ isn't strong enough. Also what's his stack? And why do you go broke there? Especially vs a guy who has PFR just 3.

Best Regards.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Sorry, that was a huge typo lol, his PFR was 33 not 3. Obviously I would not shove on someone with PFR 3 with anything but AA/KK.

His stack was more than mine, so $2.10 effective stack.

So, 33PFR, 23 3bet%, AQs is well ahead of his 3bet range yes? I figure 80VPIP indicates he loves to call, so is not folding after 3betting.

He didn't change much after another 80 hands, just dropped postflop aggression:

So in light of 10x higher PFR than I initially mistyped what do you reckon? Wait for better spot still? I didn't want someone else to stack him first, and he only managed to stick around at the table with extreme luck like his 83s making quads vs someone else's AA and the board tripling with 8s. :f_o:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The problem here is where you will see yourself very often is that the hand he goes broke is going to be better. And without really good dynamics and understanding that the guy is a maniac like have seen him going broke with a lot crap I wouldn't go that loose broke.

Also as I pointed out don't shove like that directly, you don't even allow him to make bluffs vs you but rather just force him fold a lot worse hands.