2x less PokerStrategy Points. WTF?

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      I just found out that on 20th of August I received less PokerStrategy Points for playing at LadbrokesPoker than I should have according to my calculations. Two times less actually! Because of this I will not be able to achieve requirements for "Level Up" promotion.

Now I'm waiting for response from LadbrokesPoker support and I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem?
  • 9 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Can anyone explain to me how is this possible:

- 19th August, I have earned 51.63 Loyalty Points and paid £4.68 Rake.
      - 20th August, I have earned 54.63 Loyalty Points and paid £2.41 Rake.

I played exclusively No Limit Hold'em Ring games.
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Am I really the only one who has this problem? I have to spend so much time because of a couple of dollars. lol. Ridiculous!
    • SciolistRNMD
      SciolistRNMD
      Basic
      I'm pretty sure this is a truevalue thing.

There's operator rake and player rake. Operator rake depends not only on how much someone plays but also on whether they win or lose. Operators with losing players get a higher share of the rake, but players continue to get points and rakeback based solely on how much they rake.

Affiliates are paid with operator rake. Therefore I predict on Aug 20 you lost and on Aug 19 you won. I assume the rake on your table is back to front?
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Thanks for your response SciolistRNMD, This will be the reason why I imagine.

If that is the case you should find you had a losing day on the 19th and a winning day on the 20th.

Callum
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Thank you for your replies!

I did not know about this. So basically this means I will get no "Level Up" reward. Next time I'll make sure not to play on Microgaming Network.
    • tomstaube
      tomstaube
      Bronze
      maybe you become a gold member in Ladbrokes in August 20.? I think that it can't be explained by the 'Operator rake and player rake."..
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomstaube
      maybe you become a gold member in Ladbrokes in August 20.? I think that it can't be explained by the 'Operator rake and player rake."..
      No, I'm silver there.

All that "operator rake/player rake" thing makes sense to me. Sad that neither LadbrokesPoker nor PokerStrategy support could tell me that. Instead I was told several other bullcrap explanations.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      Thank you for your replies!

I did not know about this. So basically this means I will get no "Level Up" reward. Next time I'll make sure not to play on Microgaming Network.
      To put it bluntly, next time do your research on the promo as well. Ladbrokes is the worst room on PS for SP/$ raked. You get more bang for your buck elsewhere
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martoman2k10
      To put it bluntly, next time do your research on the promo as well. Ladbrokes is the worst room on PS for SP/$ raked. You get more bang for your buck elsewhere
      I did my quick research here. Thank you very much, martoman2k10! lol

Ladbrokes is not my main pokersite so I was not fully aware of their rake system. My bad.