[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - Tjs std call? or 3B?

• 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      Until I know something about his postflop play, I'd 3bet it or just fold it preflop.
      As played I'd take a stab on the flop, we dont know him, but we dont have showdown value. We can also ch/fold it, but this way we can also fold preflop...
    • Verum
      why would you want to 3b him with this hand?

3betting strategy vs tight regular with little information...polarized 3bets
      how many percent should your 3bet range be in this spot?

let's assume you want to 3b 11.5%

a good bluffing range could look like:

A8s-A2s, KTs-K7s, Q9s-Q8s, A6o-A2o

add for value:

JJ+, AKs, AKo

and see whether he plays back.

with a Nit in the SB and a potential overcaller in the BB, I want to be making TP more often than not when called. Also, I want my blocker effect and I do not want to throw away hands that I can profitably play postflop to a 4bet.

JTs is a MUST call to my mind because:

The regular:
      will have to give up so much OOP with a fish overcaller in the blind(which will happen 50+% of the time when the BB fish does not see bet/3bet before he is to act). This gives you a lot of information before you act. The Reg has to be somewhat honest.

will check/call, or bet, check/cal, check/fold so many boards that you can make a ton of money from him.

wich leaves you with

The Fish:
      Is out of position, has an equity disadvantage and is a horrible player.

bet the flop...he will fold enough to make it profitable, and if he calls, he will, check the turn, giving you free cards for your backdoor draws. if you do not bet, it will almost always play out as played.

If you see him xc the flop with Ace high, make a note to barrel him on these textures, untill he shows you that he calls all his pairs as well.
    • veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Both options are fine, although vs 4bb open I might prefer instead just Call and reevaluate postflop whilst the hand still plays also well by flatting even if you have decent postflop plan.

As played
      Postflop: Definitely take a stab here, we even have backdoors + of course fold equity vs his line. :)

Best Regards.