Never used poker tracking software, where 2 start?

• n4lly
      n4lly
      Bronze
      Hi, it's my first time on the forum and Im looking to improve my game by using poker software. I have read that Pokertracker and holdem manager are the way to go with both offering trials, which would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
  • 9 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Try both trials, pick one at random to start with. Then go purchase the one you preferred. Personally I like HEM more.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Either one which you try first ...

Make sure that no HH is lost. If you start with HM2 and then try PT4, there will be no problem since PT4 can convert HM2 databases. I don't know if it works the other way around so mae sure HH's are backed up automatically and that you know where.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • vytas3d
      vytas3d
      Bronze
      I prefer PT3-PT4 much more than HE.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Ez

PT4 > HEM2 for tourneys
      HEM2 > PT4 for cash games
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spit22

HEM2 > PT4 for cash games
      Where is HEM2 better for cash?
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      I personally prefer PT4 in cash games over HEM2 because HEM2 is incredibly slow. HEM1 was the most coolest cash software ever, but now... I deffinitelly prefer PT4.

I also recommend using both trials first and see which one works for you.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by AYuraoA
      I personally prefer PT4 in cash games over HEM2 because HEM2 is incredibly slow. HEM1 was the most coolest cash software ever, but now... I deffinitelly prefer PT4.

I also recommend using both trials first and see which one works for you.
      It is essential that you try both yourself.
      This article http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2110/1/ describes some of the more important stats that you may wish to include in your HUD.

Both PT and HM come with default HUD configs that are easily customized.

Let us know if you encounter any problems
      --VS
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      i'd definitely do the trials for both of them. They are both good. Really just a matter of personal preference.

i started with PT3, then PT4, but recently decided to move over to HM2. i really wanted to try Notecaddy which is HM2 exclusive. but have been really happy with it. i do like how the apps like Notecaddy and Leakbuster are intergrated right into the program. i play cash games, and use both programs.

i've seen people complain about the speed of both programs, and just wanted to say that i built a new PC this year, and am using an SSD drive, and i have no speed issues whatsoever. Both programs run very well. Not saying everyone has to run out and upgrade their PC, but the SSD definitely speeds up everything.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      PT3 has a longer trial, ez game