SB ($21.10)
      BB ($3.56)
      Hero ($19.60)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

Hero raises to $0.80, SB raises to $2.40, fold, Hero calls $1.60

FLOP ($5) 6:diamond: K:club: 9:club:

SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($11) 6:diamond: K:club: 9:club: 5:spade:

SB bets $15.70 (AI), Hero calls $14.20 (AI)

RIVER ($39.40) 6:diamond: K:club: 9:club: 5:spade: 7:club:

• 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Preflop: Fold it preflop here, especially vs such a nitty 3bettor. We can never be sure how good our hand is once if we hit, cause the guy could easily have KK/AA, nor if we get paid.

As played
      Postflop: Well yeah, not much to comment, although do you think you are going to be far-far ahead here? :) Especially him being even very passive I would say that we ain't going to see a lot worse hands which shove like that.

Best Regards.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      I see he had 8% 3bet in SB vs steal and with pos we can get his cbet , and if I 4bet he will fold most of his handsand anyway.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      I think veriz overlooked something.

I hope I do not sound mean, by claiming that you did

fold preflop, to my mind, is no option.

he had 8% resteal from SB, plus these stats aren't from 3handed play, where people tend to be looser. In Addition to that, he can not call ever, unless he is fine with going broke vs the BB shorty, which might widen his 3bet range,because who would want to throw away a pretty hand because the BB is too short. Furthermore, he might slowplay AA or the sort in order to get the BB to push.

Postflop the play is standard and I am glad that you do not raise his cbet, which he basically fires out in every situation.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      forgot to click the advice button

greetings
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by xero100
      I see he had 8% 3bet in SB vs steal and with pos we can get his cbet , and if I 4bet he will fold most of his handsand anyway.
      Doesn't change much for me, just cause his re-steal is a bit higher doesn't mean that he still 3bets with massive range. And I didn't really misread it or anything, I'd say pretty standard for me unless I had some dynamics going on there.

Plus you can't exploit his CB either on the flop cause he CBs 86% of the times in 3bet pots, so which means that this guy rarely has a weak hand in his range but rather a made hand, especially taken into account his CB in regular pots.

Now take again a look at his re-steal on BB which is 1%, which means that in overall play our plan by 4betting is turning our hand into bluff and make his pure bluffs to fold right there or either just understand that we are hardly behind vs his 3betting range.