Introduction

• 7E7E7
      7E7E7
      Bronze
      Hi everybody im from Derbyshire, new to poker, getting better? or should i say im losing less need all the help i can get.So can anybody help me solve this problem?. Iv downloaded ICM trainer light,now wanting its big brother,I downloaded ICM trainer but it appears to be in German what have i done wrong or is there not an English version Many thanks 7E7E7.
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey 7E7E7 and welcome to the forums!

never been to derby before but i just spent 3 years in leicester so not so far away :)

good to see you're interested in improving your game and you have definitely come to the right place. i assume you're playing SNGs so definitely be sure to check out the strategy section for that. also, i see you're a basic member which means you're playing untracked. if you decide to create an account on another poker room, be sure to use this link. that way you can earn strategy points, progress in status to bronze+ and then you will unlock new material to study - well worth it!

regarding the ICM trainer, just go to Extras --> Sprache --> English at the bottom :)

Lewis.
    • 7E7E7
      7E7E7
      Bronze
      Hi DrDunne.
      Thankyou for your advice.
      SnGs is all im playing at the moment,keep flicking between 10 & 6 seaters with the odd multi table.
      Cant get on with the cash tables they are a strange planet to me at the moment.
      when I do play them I try and win the money for an SnG and allow myself 5%
      of my money to do so, seems to work
      Just to get the practice . Thanks again 7E7E7
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i'm the complete opposite :D play mainly cash, but i do think SnGs are fun!

and you're welcome.
      Lewis.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Holla,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com, great idea about not mixing up game types, helps you understand and learn about one specific game type rather than picking up bad habits from the other one. For example players who play mainly cash won't understand the importance of chip preservation and may call with 67s when a little shallower, but the more SNG's you play you understand that preserving your stack for later ICM reasons is really important.

Have you made any goals? Usually we make monthly goals so for example.

September:

[ ] 300 games
      [ ] > 5% roi
      [ ] 50 posts on the forum

Really hope poker works out for you
      Patrick