Sinnology Vol. 2

• Sinnology
      I ve been into poker world for some time.
      I ve climbed to become reg on nl30 on 888 poker, but due some other issues took some time off from poker world.
      When I came back I should start from bottom up and what better place than here .
      Lets rebuild some foundations on which I want millions to grow :) .

• 4 replies
    • Sinnology
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Motivation for me is ofcourse money!
      I mean I love the game, to the fact that I am willing to spend fridy night in a company of 6+ smelly and smoked guys till 5 in the morning, instead going out and party with friends and ma girl.
      Since I dont have regular job and pretty much make my living of passive income I have out of bussiness I sold 3 years ago I have loads of time, so with proper time investing and discipline I belive I can climb to desirable level in this game, where I can say that I live off playing poker .

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

My 2 biggest leaks in poker are stubborness and mindset.
      When things go wrong in poker ( and it doesnt need to go that much wrogn for me ) , I tend to become very agressivly dissapointed.
      I am making incorect decisions, even if I know that I am making mistakes.
      I tend to think that site is against me, that I should leave.
      I start to curse and sometimes even brake stuff(like glass or smth).
      I behave like there is no tomorrow over that few 10s of $$$ that I lost.
      And 10 mins after I feel like total retard of doing it .
      I ve improved some of those spots but there is still plenty of space for improvement, for stuff to be optimal.

Another weakness is laziness.
      I have no problems playing 6hours/day.But its sooo hard for me to go thru my HH and analyse some stuff ro to read that article or watch video.
      OFten I need to watch video 2-3 times before it comes to an end, usually I fall asleep if I am lying in bed.
      If I watch video of 1h I need to watch it with brake or otherwise it becomes boring to me and my mind starts rumbling.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

TAG means to play only when you have an edge over your opponents.
      To play with only selected cards and in a way that is most +EV for us.Which means to extract most of value when we are ahead and when we sense that we dont have a best hand but there is possiblity for our opponent to fold, to push him from hand
    • Sinnology
      Its time for a new homework.

Question 1:

What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)[/B]

I dont play FR, so didnt really looked into FR start handing chart.

Question 2:

Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

Sh Nl10 Ak

Question 3:

What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the Equilab.)

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Haha... I liked the sentence about Friday night, LOL. But it's true, poker is the best game I have ever played, sad though that I didn't start it with it something like 2005 or so. :D

Seems like you have serious problems with mindset on which you definitely have to work. Have you tried reading about "Mental Game of Poker", I have heard great feedback to it and it might also help your game. Cause mindset problem is ABC for poker and if it's not clear then you have serious problems there cause the tilt may cause you lose tons of money. But for example against tilt what you could use:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Laziness is another problem, cause you have to ask yourself how do you think some big pro's become that good? If you really want to become good and earn with it which I think you want, especially as you mentioned money in first part, I'd say it's very important. Try to always remind yourself and maybe even write on piece of paper! So at least you would see it when you playing, get into habit to play it this way and get into habit to include session analyzes, after time you will see you will do it automatically and it wont even disturb you. Beginning is always difficult but when you start doing it, by time it will change. ;)

I have heard about people falling a sleep, though the only way to change is to change the way you watching the video. Like for example don't go on bed, watch it instead on a chair or somehow you will pay attention instead. Get something near you like candies or or some fruits and eat them meanwhile.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • veriz
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Yeah well, I guess you could always take a look at SH chart, have you seen it? How do you find it? Have you made yourself some adjustments there? Here is the link.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.