$25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

Hero (UTG): $28.03
      CO: $52.24
      BTN: $24.59
      SB: $26.50
      BB: $30.97

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is UTG with A :club: K :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.37) J :spade: J :club: A :spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BB folds

Turn: ($5.37) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

River: ($12.37) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $11.00, Hero folds

BB 22/13

CO

Ch/call river considering his river AFq?
  • 4 replies
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      while his fold to cbet is high, it isn't as straightforward as one might think, because his call open is so huge. He doesn't like to give up the turn either, so I guess he might even call KQ on the turn.

Betsizing annoys me, do you not have any reads?

His stats say call, his size says fold...without any other reads I would puke and fold or puke and call....I do not think it matters. It is so close.

Considering balancing, you could NEVER fold this river, since you would are at the top of your checking range. Then again, this is 25nl....so who cares about balancing river spots?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Why not just Bet the river yourself? Or what was the idea behind the Check? Turn hand into bluff-catcher vs missed FD or what? If so then don't hope that he is betting 1/2 pot size there with bluffs, I would assume such an aggressive guy would rather do it, also assuming that he very often raises Jx hands earlier so his range could be very likely capped to enough of draws there which missed.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      So you'd prefer bet/fold river for value? I thought with his 19% WtSD 58% W$SD it's not sure he's capable of calling down with any Ax...
      Or if check, then ch/call against busted draws, right? Regardless of sizing... :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      So you'd prefer bet/fold river for value? I thought with his 19% WtSD 58% W$SD it's not sure he's capable of calling down with any Ax...
      Or if check, then ch/call against busted draws, right? Regardless of sizing... :)
      Well, you are facing 3 options:
      1) You either block-bet yourself whilst I assume he doesn't bluff that often on river. With we could at least pick the sizing ourselves.
      2) With option 2 you could obviously just Check/Fold it but assuming the guy doesn't fold at all, which tells us he calls all kind of draws that we could even be holding the best hand, is that going to be the best option?
      3) We Check/Call and turn our hand into bluff-catcher, with that line your problem is that you can't pick the sizing and assuming that if he is super-aggressive on river he ain't going for just 1/2 pot size Bet there cause he also knows at least should know that your range contains mainly Ax hands, so we can't really hope that he Bets little -> then we Call rule.