[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 Speed, 3barrel bluff vs fish overcaller

• Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Hi there,

Preflop:

OR is a reg that folds to too many 3bets, BB is a fish 72/6 rather passive post.
      I like my 3b because the fish is going to call any broadway and I am miles away of his range, in position and in a big pot with a big stack. If the regular calls, I expect him to play straight forward on the flop.

Flop:
      cbet big because the fish has previously shown that he will call any broadway combo on the flop.

Turn:
      Cbet small, in order to get a call form AT+ any one pair hand and any draw.

River:
      The big shove. I can bet smaller to get the missed draws and Ahighs that beat me to fold; however, my assumption is, that this bet will get one pair hands such as A3, A7, 78s, and potentially even a weak nine to fold. Maybe the nine is just wishful thinking.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.99)
      BB ($36.40)
      UTG ($6.24)
      UTG+1 ($6.10)
      CO ($42.80)
      Hero ($90.47)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, BB calls $2, fold

FLOP ($5.10) 3:heart: 7:spade: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.82, BB calls $3.82

TURN ($12.74) 3:heart: 7:spade: 9:club: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7

RIVER ($26.74) 3:heart: 7:spade: 9:club: 6:club: Q:diamond:

[color=red]BB checks, Hero bets $77.45 (AI)

The river bet is effectively 23.4 in a 26.8 pot

I hope that my detailed description will trigger some debate on my assumptions...

thx in advance
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verum,

Preflop: I like to hear the range you are miles ahead of his range. Even if he has broadways it has practically a flip vs you.
      Postflop: Curious why would you want to make to fold a loose fishy player? Who rarely even finds a fold there, and whilst also his range improves more likely on the turn there. Easy Check on the turn and take the free card as we get. Otherwise really up to you how much you want to spew, easy and simple rule, don't try to bluff a station at least for me and has been working great.

Best Regards.