UTG ($77.05) 308bb
      UTG+1 ($24.60) 98bb
      CO ($24.85) 99bb
      BTN ($67.75) 271bb
      cincinkid (SB) ($25) 100bb
      BB ($30.70) 123bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.40, 6 players) cincinkid is SB Q A
      1 fold, UTG+1 bets $0.90, 2 folds, cincinkid calls $0.75, 1 fold

Can't really 3B for value so i just called.

Flop: J 9 J ($2.05, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, UTG+1 bets $1.35, cincinkid raises to $3.80, UTG+1 raises to $9.50, cincinkid folds

He cbets rather often and i went for a c/r.
      After his 3B i have to discount my overcard outs and rather have reverse implied odds on this board.
      So i can't call and i can't raise since UTG1 range is very strong and he will call me (low wts).
      Was the c/r still a good idea given he likes to fold rather often.

Final Pot: $16.70
  • 3 replies
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      The x/r was not a good idea. Leading might have been, if he weren't so eager on raising cbets, which might transfer to donk bets. This Way I would x/c.

You have already analyzed why the x/r was bad, so I think you just want to hear it from somebody else, before you want to believe that you made a bad play...am I right?

If so, I have been there a million times and it is perfectly normal...so don't beat yourself up over the play.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Do you think you are making some better hands to fold with this play? What's your image? According to that you can base either the Check/Raise is going to work there. Of course it's for pure bluff there mainly cause we ain't planning to Check/Raise/Broke there cause the equity will be pretty horrible.

But instead we could easily just Check/Call and take the odds as long he gives us decent ones and reevaluate the turn if we ain't rather sure how often he is capable of folding overpairs. Not to talk about him also having enough of Jx combos in his range which open.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verum

You have already analyzed why the x/r was bad, so I think you just want to hear it from somebody else, before you want to believe that you made a bad play...am I right?
      I don't always expect this player to 3B so i don't automatically think it is bad.
      His FtoCB raise is high, FtoCB&FtoDonkB is also high + low wtsd so i gave myself enough foldequity.

Originally posted by Verum
      If so, I have been there a million times and it is perfectly normal...so don't beat yourself up over the play.
      I post a lot of such hands because it always helps that somebody confirms what i'm thinking :)

@Veriz:
      I thought i could make him fold lower pp and TT, i know i'm ahead of them but i wouldn't be on the turn.

What i don't like about the call is that i can't really do much if i don't hit on turn and he bets big.
      And if i do hit i have to donk since he won't bet again.. hard to get value.