[NL20-NL50] [20NL] Speed, check back for Equity or 3barrel bluff

• Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Villain: 25% SB steal, 92% cbet, 24% wtsd

pre:
      with a guy that makes such a huge mistake in cbetting, I prefer not to 3b and let him keep that cbet money.

flop:
      I have the BDFD, overcards to a potential PP or 9 or 5 call and expect him to go over the top with 2pair+, but not with a naked fd. I make it small because I want to raise his cbets a lot in the future and he can't do much on this board when he has air.

turn:
      this is my tough spot, I believe that I can get him to fold an Ace on the river, but am giving up my flush equity when I bet and he x/r a made flush. So should I bet or should I check.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($27.99)
      Hero ($33.10)
      UTG ($5.87)
      UTG+1 ($20.10)
      CO ($23.12)
      BTN ($6)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 9:heart: A:diamond: 5:diamond:

SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.20, SB calls $1.30

TURN ($5.60) 9:heart: A:diamond: 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

SB checks

If I do bet, are there any cards on which I should xb the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verum,

Flop: Your overcards ain't working on such a board as you may understand, if he calls he has the Ace so overcards outs = 0. So the only outs you may have there are the backdoors. He isn't really going to Call you with 5x or 9x here, only hand you are ahead is a FD.

As played
      Turn: Well, just from few stats it's difficult to rate the guy. You should also have a plan what's your thoughts on raising the flop. Do you plan to 2nd barrel when FD arrives, do you think you have fold equity vs him? What's your image on the table, what kind of actions we had earlier? There are many factors which could taken into account, maybe he is even calling you down with Ax there even though the Flush completes. But as you may understand the main though raising the flop is to barrel it off also when a FD arrives. Or either of course passive approach but then you will rarely get paid on the river if you hit once your hand.
      River: Can be also barreled of cause his calling range is very small but then again:

You can never rate it just by few stats either we have fold equity or not, especially not knowing even Hero's image.

Best Regards.