[NL20-NL50] QQ 3bet pot

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $5.75 (23 bb)
      CO: $50.96 (203.8 bb)
      BTN: $25.67 (102.7 bb)
      MP1: $10.30 (41.2 bb)
      MP3: $40.31 (161.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $16.31 (65.2 bb)
      SB: $27.40 (109.6 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q Q
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, MP1 calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($10.25) 6 9 6 (4 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $6.50, BTN calls $6.50, 2 folds

Turn: ($23.25) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $16 and is all-in, BTN calls $16

River: ($55.25) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $55.25 pot ($2.76 rake)
      Final Board: 6 9 6 J 4
      BTN showed J J and won $52.49 ($27.49 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$25 net)

preflop i decided to trap (bad idea maybe) the short stack cause he was very loose but things was complicated after the flat and 3bet from the sb...
      was not sure what to do
      i could fold i could shove and i decided to call and re evaluate at the flop

at the flop i was conviced i had the best hand so i bet it!
      the turn card was not that great cause JJ could be at there range for sure but i decided to shove cause i could fold to anybet
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Preflop: Trap, I don't get it? How can you trap here whilst you ain't trapping but rather giving great odds for others behind you to Call. 3bet it for value and get it in vs the mid-stack. As we decide to trap then shouldn't it mean that we should be 4betting?

As played
      Postflop: How many worse hands do you see paying you on the turn? Against what kind of player are we?

Best Regards.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      preflop well you are right my plan was stupid :D
      so what you think its better here ? 4bet/fold ? i did not liked the 4bet cause i just flated vs the original raiser not sure if i will get credit for a real hand here

as played
      well i dont think a hand that beats me will check or just call me in a 3bet multiway pot thats why i bet the flop for value and protection board is dry also!

at the turn i was not sure what to do thats why i am posting the hand here :D
      but i realize that i could not fold to a bet here and thats the reason i shoved

what do you think is the best line here post flop ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by w4terman
      preflop well you are right my plan was stupid :D
      so what you think its better here ? 4bet/fold ? i did not liked the 4bet cause i just flated vs the original raiser not sure if i will get credit for a real hand here

as played
      well i dont think a hand that beats me will check or just call me in a 3bet multiway pot thats why i bet the flop for value and protection board is dry also!

at the turn i was not sure what to do thats why i am posting the hand here :D
      but i realize that i could not fold to a bet here and thats the reason i shoved

what do you think is the best line here post flop ?

There is no default line to pick, I don't know how SB played, I don't know how others are playing. There could be an 4bet/Broke, there could be a 4bet/Fold. Everything is possible. You said you trapped there which means 4bet/Broke.

Postflop you ain't gonna get called on the turn from anything worse, obvious that the guy floats with a made hand, the only hand I see which is realistic we have beat is TT? But that hand wont Bet the turn anyways, we could easily consider even Check/Folding the turn.