[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - herocall? flop/turn?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Tough hand overhere! :D

Villain:
      villain 39/17/14 hands, so looks fish.

Flop
      His callingrange will be really wide. I think CB for value is good here

Turn
      I THINK standard

River
      Check is standard but I don't know what to do after he bets. What does he rep? QK and sets will raise on such a drawy board. I called and hope to see missed FD or some random Qx/Kx missed GS :P A9 is possible yes, AQ will check behind prob.

QUESTION: Let's say we are villain and we have KdQx , how do we play the hand?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1866396
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $20.75
      UTG: $50.75
      MP: $100.91
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $47.42
      SB: $97.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 4 :club: A :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T :diamond: A :diamond: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

River: ($18.75) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero calls $8
  • 4 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Silver
      looks really tough

i think you played the hand correct!
      i was not folding at the river for sure cause i guess he whould check behind most of Ax hands and he whould raise with 2pair or better! ofcourse you never know but i think you are ahead from his range most of the time

if we where the villian with KQ its far more easy to play it i think! i whould raise the flop pot size 11-12$ and ship the turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

The problem is that there are still enough of hands which have us beat and he could play every hand this way. No matter it's the nuts or set or whatever. Plus the sizing even on the river just screams for thin value or even induce-raise. So I might even be towards just Check/Folding the river instead of hero-calling whilst not even knowing if he bluffs a lot there. It's quite obvious that we have the Ace and if he really wanted to bluff then he would have done it bigger.

If we had the KQ hand as you said I would just threw a raise right on the flop and start to build up the pot right there, the guy is more willing to pay there.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      You say his sizing looks for value. What sizing would you like to herocall the most?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      You say his sizing looks for value. What sizing would you like to herocall the most?
      Well, as I said I'd Check/Fold. :D Why are you asking me if I'd Call bigger/smaller size.