[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - 99 vs sick fish

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Villain:
      NL50sh - Vs sick fish
      Same in that hand.

Read: In a hand before where there was a limped pot he ch/r K65 with KJ and continued turn and river (blanks) for 3$ (which was only 1/3th pot OTT). So his small bets mean that he is scared.

Nh? I go broke on a blank turn. Ch/rai. Fine?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1866402
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $34.90
      Hero (SB): $69.65
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $51.40
      CO: $32.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 9 :club: 9 :spade:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.50, BTN raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2.25, 1 fold, CO calls $2

Flop: ($8.00) 3 :diamond: 6 :club: 3 :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5, CO folds

Turn: ($18.00) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($24.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $10, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why would you assume that he is also trying to induce you to come along or even induce bluffs? What's the reason for turning our hand into bluff on the turn - making just worse to fold and better continue?

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why would you assume that he is also trying to induce you to come along or even induce bluffs? What's the reason for turning our hand into bluff on the turn - making just worse to fold and better continue?

Best Regards.
      We don't turn our hand into a bluff OTT? We just keep checking... It's not like we did CB the flop and check the turn :) . Maybe you misread.

And I don't get your first question :) . I don't really assume he tries to induce bluffs
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.
      We don't turn our hand into a bluff OTT? We just keep checking... It's not like we did CB the flop and check the turn :) . Maybe you misread.

And I don't get your first question :) . I don't really assume he tries to induce bluffs
      Well, didn't you want to Check/Raise the turn? Which practically equals turning our hand into bluff, so I am not really misreading it. :P
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well I don't want to ch/r this turn but a turn like 8 :diamond: . I think his range is wide enough to do it for value. no?

And what about this exact hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Well I don't want to ch/r this turn but a turn like 8 :diamond: . I think his range is wide enough to do it for value. no?

And what about this exact hand?
      Why would you Check/Raise a 8? Then instead do the Check/Raise right on the flop if you want value from him.

About exact hand I already commented on the turn line. :P Check/Raising isn't for value but turning hand into bluff.