Poker on a mac

• vilap23
      vilap23
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I'm getting a macbook pro in a few days. I know Pokerstars has a software version made for apple computers, but is there any other site that does?

I'm playing SNGs, mainly on Titan. I know i can play online on Titan with a Mac, but I'm not sure if Pokertracker would track my tables.

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Vilap23!

I play on a macbook pro as well. I must say playing on a mac can be hard from time to time.

Like you said Pokerstars do have the software as does PartyPoker. And it looks like a lot of rooms are creating mac software. I'm not sure which once have it already and which once don't :( And I see you have poker tracker, thats good since HEM doesn't have mac software yet. A lot of rooms provide an instant play option. Which is playing in your internet screen. But for a true grinder that is crap :(

I installed parallels on my macbook with xp on it. I only use it to play poker though. If you're not sure how it works and you want to see it add me in community and I'll gladly give you a demo.

If you have any questions just shoot!

RasTweet
    • vilap23
      vilap23
      Bronze
      Thank you!

I'll probably go back to Partypoker and eventually try to run a version of windows via parallels for Titan.

I'll let you know if I have any other questions, thanks again!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vilap23
      Thank you!

I'll probably go back to Partypoker and eventually try to run a version of windows via parallels for Titan.

You're welcome!

One thing though! I tried to play on the mac software of party and it worked pretty well. There a problem though with the HH. The format that the HH was saved in was not supported by PT at the time. You might want to check if they have fixed that!

RasTweet
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Originally posted by vilap23
      Thank you!

You're welcome!

One thing though! I tried to play on the mac software of party and it worked pretty well. There a problem though with the HH. The format that the HH was saved in was not supported by PT at the time. You might want to check if they have fixed that!

RasTweet
      I don't think they have, it didn't work for me with Pokertracker3.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      I have tried and been repeatedly frustrated trying to use PokerTracker on my Mac. Initially, I had issues importing hand histories and then I struggled with recognising certain HH save files.

Right now, I have just decided to use Fusion and play poker on the Windows OS. I would recommend buying the XMWare software and saving yourself the many struggles of a Mac poker player.

http://www.vmware.com/au/products/desktop_virtualization/fusion/overview.html

Good luck! :)