PokerStars difficulty?

• Emilgin
      Emilgin
      Bronze
      H peeps, was having a discussion the other day with a friend and according to him PokerStars was one of the toughest rooms available to play on. Is this true and how much does it differ from other rooms? Anyone care to elaborate on this?

Regards

Emil
  • 8 replies
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      true :D
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      above nl100 it gets hard, below its pretty much the same everywhere
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Depends what stake you play but generally with good table selection you can find great tables.
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      It really isnt that much difference anymore. The poker community has sort of balanced it out by always chasing after the softer games.
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      There are definitely a ton of fish still around if you table select well in the micros at least, even more so on zoom from my experience.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hi!

I'm sure you know all this but sometimes other things about a poker room are undervalued.

Stars has amazing software, lots of games to choose from, and their extremely reliable. No stress over losing your roll to shady operators or software being buggy and uncooperative.

First and foremost, I think a lot of players play there, both good and bad, for these reasons.

You might be able to find softer games elsewhere and theres probably some value in looking, but at the end of the road my gut would say that Stars is the better route.

That said, if you find a better place plz let me know.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I think stars can be viewed as the toughest if you just jump and sit down at a table without thinking. The general standard of players seems to be higher then that of any other network.

However when you consider the huge volume of players, there will always be a fish splashing about somewhere, so if you take a bit of time to game select you will still be able to make money there.

So long as I dont gobble them up first ofcourse :s_biggrin:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      chompy chompy chompy :s_biggrin: