DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $6.81 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 43
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 6, AF: 6,0, AFq: 33, Hands: 80
      CO: $7.22 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 1,7, Hands: 27
      Hero (BTN): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 56532
      SB: $10.05 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 12, 3B: 10, AF: 7,0, Hands: 92

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :diamond: J :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 9 :heart: 5 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) Q :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.55) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.20, Hero folds

We don't know much about villains postflop barreling tendencies.

What about turn? There are, of course, Qx hands in his range and he seems rather tight preflop (the sample size here is nothing though), but I would also imagine that people would often keep barreling on an overcard like this one with air as well and his betsize on the turn looks weakish.
      Is this once again the kind of a situation where I have to call the turn only if I am prepared to call the river? Or should I just fold the turn because against his UTG range I am not really doing that well on this turn card anyway?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Nah, don't really like the turn-call cause you don't have much beat there. Very small range what you have beat but meanwhile a lot of hands have you beat. So just fold it.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      If the same situation had appeared when we would have called from BUvsCO, i.e., with his openraising range much wider than here from UTG, would the turn be a spot were we most likely can call only if we are ready to call on blank river cards as well? I am asking because Q is generally a good card for him to 2nd barrel on with air and he could maybe often just shut down on the river without a hit? Assuming his CO openraising range is wide.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      If the same situation had appeared when we would have called from BUvsCO, i.e., with his openraising range much wider than here from UTG, would the turn be a spot were we most likely can call only if we are ready to call on blank river cards as well? I am asking because Q is generally a good card for him to 2nd barrel on with air and he could maybe often just shut down on the river without a hit? Assuming his CO openraising range is wide.
      Well, then it's a bit different situation and then mainly also depends how he plays overall and what kind of CBetting range he has. But of course if we assume he has a wide range + CBs a lot then still can be called cause of the scare-card is good for him to 2nd barrel.
      Bronze
      But generally this is not the sort of a spot where we have to either just fold the turn or call both turn and river? Wouldn't make sense for it to be like that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      But generally this is not the sort of a spot where we have to either just fold the turn or call both turn and river? Wouldn't make sense for it to be like that.
      Kindish but of course also depends on the opponent.