WHAAAT? I lose? Again?

• DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      OMG, what has been happening in the last three days is out of this world... I am not angry anymore, i was angry yesterday. Today I am shocked. How in the world can this happen. I cannot believe this anymore! These bad card run must end. Third straight day of a serious downswing, when will it end???

I just can't win a showndown hand. If i obviously have the best hand, like top set on a dry board, everybody folds. I cant even slowplay. I am not getting any action.
      However, when i have a mediocre hand, like two pair, TPTK, i am getting rivered all the way. River is almost always the worst possible card for me. I am getting 1-outered, 2 or 3-outered on the river for three days now. It is very sick.

When i hit a set with JJ versus a loose opponent i am very happy. I say to myself, take him to value town... Obviously, he shows trip Q's at the showndown. Grrr...

I'm just playing, hoping that the bad run comes to end (it has to come eventually, right???)... And I try to tilt less. Playing 100%, trying to do everything right.

Oh, this is NL10 obviously. I was beating it 19BB/100 hands, for 17k hands. So it makes it even more frustrating if you can win against shitty players.

That's it. I vented.

TY
  • 22 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey DrFunk

If you were playing with 19 ptBB you were running really hot. This is the variance pulling it down again a bit. Of course it is frustrating but swings are a part of Poker. Just read and re-read articles (Downswings: identifying, consequences and how to deal with them) or Professional Attitude to remember how normal this is and continue playing your best Poker.

Also (as I have always told you) post hand ins the forum!! :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Just before I was ready to hit NL20, I hit a 22BI downswing. I started playing NL20 as I had extra cash on another platform if needed. All of a sudden I was winning again. Downswings are never just veriance IMO, it is often tilt and bad play. I think it may have been mental with me, the money on NL10 didn't seem like enough. Which is why you should play to perfect your game, not for money. I must admit though I find NL20 easier than NL10. Cant explain it though.

I'm not suggesting you move up, especially if you dont have the BR for it. But think about the mental side of things, if your tilting for any reason, stop playing for a while.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      I was running 19bb/100 not 19ptbb/100.

I was properly rolled for NL20 so I gave a try, but after losing 2BI, i immediately went down to NL10, but the bad luck continues.
      I don't think it is really bad play, but getting rivered hand after hand. I start every session new and fresh. I don't worry too much. I try to play my best.

Now I will play another session, will report back. :)
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Ah...Feeling better.

I just finished a session +1BI. Finally a normal session that I was not getting sucked out on the river.

Hopefully, it will go up again from here.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrFunk
      Hopefully, it will go up again from here.
      Lol, obviously not. The sick bad run continoues. Best hand of the day : J5 on flop 55K. Villain had Q5. Standard.

And AQ vs K10 with king on the river.

AK vs. 66...

Ah............ Btw, i'm always getting crazy cards in the beggining of the session. Large number of AA and KK's. But it doesnt matter i lose with them anyway.

I can't win anything again.

I am getting check raised like hell! But always with mediocre hands. When i flop a monster, obviously nobody wants to play... It is getting really sick.

And don't ask me about conti-bets. Today, i did not get a single fold to my contibet. Always check-raise... Can't believe this.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      All May was a downswing for me.

I have moved down two limits just to get my confident back. And I'm going to move up again this week.

But may was shit.. Soooo looooong loosing streaks.. Really sucks.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss

But may was shit.. Soooo looooong loosing streaks.. Really sucks.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      i cant seem to win a hand, i have lost $9.63 in 100 hands.
      read/re-read/re-read the re-read of all the articles.
      i feel like i can't do anything right.
      is possible that there is so many people playing SSS on sites at these low 0.05/0.10c limits that alot of the big stack strayegy players know what we playing, how etc etc
      i feel like SnG's can be more profitable on low limit ($1-3) tables but i still cant seem to make a profit.
      This is driving me insane.
      I take breaks, i listen to music while i play so i dont get bored, i read forum after forum.
      I need a coash. SOMEONE SPONSER ME. hahahaha.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      i lost about 100 BB yesterday
      5 times in a row all in with top hands rivered all the way
      so i'm starting to question myself - isn't everything just luck
      when you get your Q Q beat by Q 7(o) or something like that just nothing from the strategies makes sense
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      The most funny thing is that you are able to regulary beat some level at 15bb/100 for 20k hands. Then all of a sudden there is 5k hands when you can't win anything.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      i dont know
      i joined the site a week ago and since then i feel like I'm gravitating around the 50$. I've lost count how many times I was 10-20 up or down and I always come back to the 50 bucks. I am playing around 8 or 9 hours daily and its getting really weird already - its like after some hours I get my account nullified :D
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      [..] I think it may have been mental with me, the money on NL10 didn't seem like enough. Which is why you should play to perfect your game, not for money. [..]
      I pretty much like this. If you feel like you played your hands which you have lost with the right way you shouldn't get angry. at the moment you are playing to concentrate on applying to the strategies provided and get confidence on your game.. I know how crushing this can be if you get beaten so horrible but in this case I run pt3 and re-view the hands and if I can't see a big mistake on my side I just think about it as bad luck. If you deal good with this swing you can cope better with the next one that will (definitely) occur in the future.

After losing a hand like AQ vs KT (besides it is bad play by your opponent moving in with KT) I like to stove it and looking at 3-to-2 makes me handle the loss even better. You are a favorite but not that big and regularly these hands win.

good luck in the future!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      the winner of every single hand u play is determined 100% by luck, meaning a good pokerplayer is a lucky pokerplayer. if ur not lucky then ur bad at poker.
    • Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      the winner of every single hand u play is determined 100% by luck, meaning a good pokerplayer is a lucky pokerplayer. if ur not lucky then ur bad at poker.
      Crap?
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by JD888

After losing a hand like AQ vs KT (besides it is bad play by your opponent moving in with KT) I like to stove it and looking at 3-to-2 makes me handle the loss even better. You are a favorite but not that big and regularly these hands win.

good luck in the future!
      Well iAQ vs KT is 60% vs 40% so is not actually bad beat!
      Bad beat is sth like. AA vs KJs 80 vs 20 % or AA vs AK which is 92% vs 8%!!!!!!! All in preflop ofcourse :D

As long we make someone happy is not that bad right :D
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      LOL. What are you playing poker then? Testing your luck? :D
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      The up or down thing is happening to me too right now, just can't get over it.... I mean since I deposited on pokerstars $80, I went up to $105, then down to $70, then back to $80. Today I am at $81.20 After spending 1 month playing I get up $1

If I am playing bad I should be down a lot, if I am playing good I should be up. But what is this being even thing?

Sometimes I just can't get over the fact that I got AA, KK, AA, JJ on 4 tables that I was playing. I don't know but I think I am going to be done soon with online poker. :(
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      You are breakeven. Don't worry. You are learning each hand. Try harder, you can beat the limit.

I was breakeven for 15k hands at NL5, then I tried NL10, in 20k hands i'm 30BI up. I was about to quit too.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      But is that like mathematically an alright thing? I mean what are the odds of you coming back to the original amount after 20k hands in your case.

You know someting weird? I play 5 NL too........ :rolleyes: