Gold
      $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

SB: $54.02
      Hero (BB): $60.45
      UTG: $18.81
      CO: $52.66
      BTN: $74.47

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with K :diamond: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold, BTN calls $6

Flop: ($21.25) 7 :diamond: 3 :diamond: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.50, BTN calls $10.50

Turn: ($42.25) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $39.95, BTN calls $39.95

River: ($122.15) K :spade: (2 players)

UTG 28/20

BTN

Had only a few hands on him when we played this hand.
      Preflop I was prepared to go broke against UTG or even BTN.
      How would you play this postflop? After flop bet, I dont have enought room for a chRaise, but I didnt want to ch/fold, so I took my equity and FE and pushed. He could fold TT or lower PPs, and even if he calls I have outs.
      What I was thinking afterwards, could this be a good spot for a flop chRaise? He could take a stab at the pot with a wide range, and this way I could get the stacks in on the flop, where I have great equity, and generate also a lot of FE.
      What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Against UTG we obviously can easily go broke. But I don't really see how you can go broke against BTN whilst also being deep preflop. But otherwise I might even leave the pot alone on the turn cause you ain't gonna do such a move profitable cause I assume we have little fold equity. What do you think you are making to fold there?

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Against UTG we obviously can easily go broke. But I don't really see how you can go broke against BTN whilst also being deep preflop.
      So you'd prefer coldcalling the 3bet preflop, or 4betting, and going broke against UTG, and 4bet/folding, if BTN shoves?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Originally posted by veriz
      Against UTG we obviously can easily go broke. But I don't really see how you can go broke against BTN whilst also being deep preflop.
      So you'd prefer coldcalling the 3bet preflop, or 4betting, and going broke against UTG, and 4bet/folding, if BTN shoves?
      Yep, that would be most likely my plan instead going broke vs BTN there with whom I am deeper and we can't be sure if the guy ever goes broke with a lot worse preflop.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      1) If UTG 5bet shoves should we really go broke? That's super strong
      2) Why would we ever CC being oop?
      3) We can make QQ fold OTT. And who knows KK. He will rarely have AA and obv less combo's JJ
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      advise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) If UTG 5bet shoves should we really go broke? That's super strong

Cause we are committed vs his stack?

2) Why would we ever CC being oop?

What has it to do us being OOP? That's not really huge deal and also it allows UTG to ship the moneys and we can always reevaluate the actions vs BTN either his range is strong or not. Plus we keep BTN range wide which is obviously a lot worse Ax/Kx hands.

3) We can make QQ fold OTT. And who knows KK. He will rarely have AA and obv less combo's JJ

KK obviously never folds nor of course you can never discard AA here. Easy trap with AA from his view. And just hoping that small part as QQ might fold -> it ain't really that many combos whilst a lot of better combos have us beat, included maybe even 77 cause we are deep.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Superclear now. I didn't noticed the small stack