[NL2-NL10] NL10 - TPGK facing aggression

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $2.80
      CO: $23.85 - 19/16/9/4.2 F23b=82% (1.2Khands)
      Hero (BTN): $10.10
      SB: $10.05 - 25/18/10/3.0 F2Cb=50% (83hands)
      BB: $3.46
      UTG: $16.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.95, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.40, 2 players) 6:club: 7:club: J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, SB raises to $3.40, fold

SB wins $5.23

I know the bet fold might appear very weak but what had me worried was that villain insta checked the flop. I have seen this a lot at NL10 and I have always been crushed. Meta game; villain and I have been to show down twice already and he has always had the goods but is far from a tight player.

Questions:
      How reliable have others found the insta check/raise tell? (signifying strength.)

Vs TAGy CO open is KJo a good hand to 3bet (fold if 4bet) on BUT as we block lots of CO stronger opening hands?

Is my bet/fold flop line innexusable in 3bet pot with TPGK?

Feedback much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      MD
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MasochisticDesire,

Seems to be fine, not much you could have done there. Though we need to CB the flop whilst we might protect our hand. It's more often going to be a trap. :) Good fold!

Best Regards.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the reply.

Do you think it ok to 3bet KJo vs tightish regs?
      My thinking is that we block a lot of his stronger opening range. Though we might be dominated if called and obv fold vs 4bet.
      I mainly 3bet it as I had decided to play and thought it a stronger option than flat calling though I imagine folding would be fine.

Thanks.
      Ps - I'v got a lot of noob questions so will prob join you on the beginners course. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the reply.

Do you think it ok to 3bet KJo vs tightish regs?
      My thinking is that we block a lot of his stronger opening range. Though we might be dominated if called and obv fold vs 4bet.
      I mainly 3bet it as I had decided to play and thought it a stronger option than flat calling though I imagine folding would be fine.

Thanks.
      Ps - I'v got a lot of noob questions so will prob join you on the beginners course. :)
      Yeah, it's perfectly fine to 3bet those hands but you have to watch out against whom you doing it. Cause vs loose guy who calls a lot 3bets ain't profitable in long run while you mainly going to get called from dominated hands.

Sure, the course ain't only for beginner's. I have enough of higher limit players there as well who actively ask questions there about their stats and etc. :)