MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $4.06
      Hero (BB): $10.80
      UTG: $9.79
      CO: $12.24
      BTN: $3.92 - 19/17/12/3.3 Cb=78% (200hands)

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 7:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 3:spade: A:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.32, Hero raises to $0.90, fold

Hero shows 7:spade: 9:spade: (One Pair, Threes)
      Hero wins $1.21

I think if I am going to defend my BB with hands like this it would be better to 3bet. His ATTsteal from BUT is 38% and fold to 3bet is 88%. I have got it into my head that I can only 3bet bluff with blockers.

As played - I think the 1/2 Cbet is a pretty universal tell at NL10...what are you guys experince with this and its reliability?
      Is the check raise bluff with only a BDFD going to lose me a fortune in the long run or is it quite marginal?
      If my thinking is correct and he has air, do I need to bet so much to elicit a fold?

Thanks,
      MD
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MasochisticDesire,

Preflop: You can't just Call those hands and hope to overplay the guy with just knowing one stats. Rather 3bet it then instead those hands.

As played
      Postflop: Well, as long he shows weakness and we even have some backdoors should be fine but you must understand that such a tight guy will very often have hit such a board. Cause he has a lot of Ax hands in his range which steal. :) Nor I am not excluding Ax hands from his range which CB this amount.

Best Regards.