[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - rebluff

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Villain:
      30/25/20h. so looks loose.

I 3B cause I still have pos if he calls.
      He donks on this dry boards, he reps nothing
      He bets really big on scarecard turn so he can't have Qx and he will not bet Kx this big probably, he wants to scare me I think. Allthough QK is still possible (but why donk).

I could actually just call if I thought he was bluffing lol :D . But I just didn't want to see a bad river or an allin shove :(

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1867858
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $20.40
      SB: $42.79
      Hero (BB): $50.00
      UTG: $51.86
      CO: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: T :heart:
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, SB calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.00) Q :spade: 8 :diamond: 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($18.00) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $14, Hero raises to $41 all in, SB folds
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Such players can easily donk even with made hands there, you can't really exclude them. And not to talk about of course traps as overpairs even.

Preflop: Vs such a guy it ain't a good idea to 3bet it either preflop cause he most likely ain't folding much and you are mainly dominated by his range which Calls you. This guy may even Call you with QJ.

As played
      Postflop: Well, exactly even this happens where you start to even overplay your Qx hand. :P Cause you mainly are dominated and such a guy could easily have Qx hands as well in his donking range there. But how to play it it is really up to you, you are making the variance going up a lot here with your play cause I assume the guy ain't folding Qx nor we can never exclude Kx hands from this guys play.

Also if you assume he is bluffing then instead should be rather just Calling and letting him bluff the river as well cause I doubt that you making any better hands to fold with your shove. We could talk about protecting but then again our hand isn't that strong either.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Ty sir :)

Call preflop? Or just fold it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Ty sir :)

Call preflop? Or just fold it?
      The hand doesn't play that well without even knowing the opponents stealing range. I'd most likely wait still for a decent hand and then start loosening up my range.

Of course you are welcome as always, glad to help you out.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz

The hand doesn't play that well without even knowing the opponents stealing range. I'd most likely wait still for a decent hand and then start loosening up my range.

May I ask, what your defending range, both passive and aggressive, would look like?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Verum

May I ask, what your defending range, both passive and aggressive, would look like?
      Depends a lot, you can select a specific range. According to the opponent I'd play, could be included also QTo cause the hand still does play well being IP. But for that I'd also would like to know more about the guy how often he steals and etc. Maybe even 3betting could be an option instead of calling dependent on the opponent.

Easiest way to understand what kind of range I'd be defending is:
      1) Open Equilab;
      2) Put opponents stealing range;
      3) Put our hand which we would like to defend, which would tell us how good our equity is.

Based on that factors I'd start to call looser/tighter, for example QTo vs 25% stealing range:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    39.76%  37.55%   2.22% { QTo }
      UTG+1  60.24%  58.02%   2.22% { 66+, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, A7o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo }

which means that we have to earn profit postflop from the guy, although he is pretty loose which means we might not be able to make him fold postflop. Therefore means first range would be stronger range to find out how the guy adjusts.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      3) Put our hand which we would like to defend, which would tell us how good our equity is.

Based on that factors I'd start to call looser/tighter, for example QTo vs 25% stealing range:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    39.76%  37.55%   2.22% { QTo }
      UTG+1  60.24%  58.02%   2.22% { 66+, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, A7o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo }

which means that we have to earn profit postflop from the guy, although he is pretty loose which means we might not be able to make him fold postflop. Therefore means first range would be stronger range to find out how the guy adjusts.
      Would you fold anything that doesn't have 50+%
      I for one feel, that K8o plays worse than 87s, even though it has more equity.

If you are arguing that QTo has lttle playability and no equity edge, I do understand what your point about QTo is. Is that what you are arguing?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would you fold anything that doesn't have 50+%
      I for one feel, that K8o plays worse than 87s, even though it has more equity.

I would mainly base on my understanding of the opponent and how much I can overplay him, either he has postflop leaks and etc. 78s might be more reasonable to play cause the implied odds are better for it cause your hand isn't dominated that often. Also if the equity is very low then it means we have to somehow be earning profit postflop with the equity but can we make him to fold?

If you are arguing that QTo has lttle playability and no equity edge, I do understand what your point about QTo is. Is that what you are arguing?

Nope, not really arguing that it has little playability, it has playability but we also have to pick a specific opponent for that who has wider range or either knowing what we doing postflop.