This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - KK slow played to death again :(

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $10.05
      BB: $16.07
      UTG: $12.04 - 16/15/10/5.0
      MP: $10.41
      CO: $12.50
      Hero (BTN): $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 6:club: 2:heart: 5:heart:
      UTG bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

Turn: ($1.87, 2 players) A:club:
      UTG bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

River: ($4.67, 2 players) 9:club:
      UTG bets $2.10, fold

UTG wins $4.36

mmm not sure about much of my play in this hand and would welcome a second opinion.
      As played:

Pre - chose not to 3bet as his fold to 3bet stat was 86% (I had been exploiting this and 4bet bluffing some of his 3bets, I hadn't yet recieved much resistance so thought best way to get value was to flat.)

Flop - His Cbet is 88% and so I assume he is Cbeting air and didnt want to fold out his weaker hands that may bet again.

Turn - terrible card as I think he Cbets the flop with all his Ax range...but I call hoping to get free showdown.
      Should I raise or give up at this point? (2 FD's showing too)

River - 1/2 pot river screams 'I want value' to me. Im not worried about the flush but expect to see AK,AQ so reluctantly fold.

What might you have done differently?
      Thanks,
      MD
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MasochisticDesire,

Preflop: Strongly recommend 3betting here, no way to just set mine with our hand and play exactly the way hero did. :(

As played
      Postflop: What's the purpose of calling it off here on the flop? What was the plan in first place by flatting preflop? How you practically going to gain value from such a guy? But of course we don't have much beat on the river.

Best Regards.