[NL2-NL10] nl 2 QQ

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2.56)
      CO ($2.54)
      BB ($2.36)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($2.26)
      UTG ($1.09)
      SB ($1.82)
      Button ($2.59)
      MP1 ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, Q
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.08, 3 folds, Button raises $0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.59) A, Q, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.59) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, Button calls $0.42

River: ($1.43) 4 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $1.56 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $1.43
  • 3 replies
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      I'm sure everyone has differnt style but...

I would have 4 bet on Pre-flop, since QQ is pretty good hand for 4 bet, and at the same time, if you miss the flop then you will have a bit of a headache (like Ace on the flop) especially with out of position.

But let's say I called as you did on the pre-flop...

I would have played river differently. I doubt he is slowplaying with Ace sets so he could be on draw, so I will do one of the two things.

Check and induce him to bluff while he missed the draw , calling his bet/raising it, OR

bet with a little less amount so he will call you with weaker hands like AQ. YOu have a full house that you don't need to scare him unless he has AA.
    • JimmyChooEsq
      JimmyChooEsq
      Bronze
      On the flop, you've got a strong hand but the flush draw worries me as much as the Ace.

The river gives you the third strongest hand possible so you're trying to get the most value. I'd bet a half pot. being a small bet, I would expect a fold or shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrRaab,

Nah, calling is totally fine there. Though his 3bet is pretty strong but I would assume we can't just fold directly there. I would have played the same way.

Without knowing the opponent it will be difficult to 4bet/Broke here cause at the best we going to face AK.

Best Regards.