Few Questions about SSS

• Dyange
      Dyange
      Bronze
      In the strategy articles it tells you to sit down at table with 7 or more opponents, I have been doing this, but what happens if I've been dealt a few hands, payed a few blinds and several opponents have left the table to leave me with only 5 opponents. Shall I leave immediately, wait til it's my turn to pay the BB then leave or stay at the table? And do players sitting out count as opponents?

Also what happens when I get over 25BB and have to leave. Do I leave immediately or wait til it's my turn for the BB?

Thanks alot!
  • 9 replies
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Always wait for the BB. You never know what hands you might still get. You could end up with the rockets UTG and double up again. ;)

I had that once. Joined a table with $2, left it with over $9. ^^
    • Dyange
      Dyange
      Bronze
      If I've doubled up do I still play the SSS until the blind reaches me?

Thanks again!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      If you doubled up you tighten up and leave the table as soon as the blinds come around.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Dyange
      Dyange
      Bronze
      One last question, promise :D

This may not seem that important but say if I'm in BB position with AJ and 3 people call the big blind. I would raise 7BB but do I only put in another 6BB in because I have posted one since im in BB position?

This can sometimes leads me betting all in since the BB is the difference between half my stack and just less than half.

Thank you lots!
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yep I usually wait for the BB to come around again, but only play re-raising hands (ie - fold AQ, AJ etc).

Regarding your last question, I think the PS staff could answer better than me, but personally I will include my blind in the calculations.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I include my blind in the calculations as well.

Also, anymore.. if I double up, I just leave then and there. I don't wait for the next BB to come around to me.

So many times I have doubled up.. then get dealt like AK, or KK or even AA right after it, then I play the new hand and end up losing my entire stack.

I HATE getting AA cracked by some nipplehead holding a pair of deuces right after a double-up.

That seriously annoys me.

So now, once I double up, I get off the table. Even if my next hand is dealt before I get a chance to get off the table, and I get AK.. I just fold it, and move on. Once you double up, you're not playing with a short stack anymore, and losing a double stack on a suckout .. well, it's just aggravation I can prevent by not allowing it to happen.

There's no shortage of tables to move to and I find my sessions go much smoother when I don't allow these kinds of things to happen.

But.. that's just me. Your mileage may vary. :D
    • Dyange
      Dyange
      Bronze
      That happened to me before, AA got cracked by 86s with a flush on turn :(

Would it reccommened to go into BSS, even if u only have like 30BB?

• Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      No. Because you don't have enough for a big stack, and too much for SSS.

You're getting the worst of both worlds trying that.

Edit: also, I tend to prefer to sit down ahead of time with a "plan" of how I'm going to play. If you're multi-tabling, and playing BSS on some and SSS on others, well.. I'm sure you can see where this will likely not be the best of scenarios.

I'd recommend you work on one style at a time, and learn it well.

Oh, and regarding people leaving, or sitting out.. if there are not enough people playing (sitting out means they're not playing) then I leave the table, or sometimes I'll just sit out on that table myself, until the numbers come back.

If you don't have enough people playing, the blinds start eating you up, so you want to try to keep an eye on your tables and make sure you're not in the blinds every 4 hands. :P
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice answers Velak. Thank you.

TribunCaesar