Down 1kBB

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I am down 1.1k BB on 5 NL. It feels like I am the worst low stake cash player. But the BRM and some MTT wins have kept me from going broke. Any advices on how to improve. I do try to post hands every now and then, and read a lot of articles, but nothing seems to help, or I don't seem to get it.

Also is a net loss of 1.1k BB considered all right or is it really horrible?

I just want to know how my bad results are compared to other lower stake players. Sometimes I think I should go higher stakes, which is a mistake according to most articles so I keep trying to beat 5 NL before moving to the next stake, but the number of BB lost keeps going up........

Lost $16 today as well. Sometimes it seems like there is no way I am going to get even on cash tables or have a couple of winning sessions....

I get scared to play SSS because I don't want to lose even more money because SSS downswings are horrid, and I don't think I am prepared for a downswing again, just need a upswing now....

Needed to take my frsutration out.......
  • 7 replies
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      err, wrong section.
      1kBB(10 BI) is a normal downswing(depends on how many hands though). I've suffered it, on NL15 if I recon, but it wasnt just a swing. I had trouble laying down hands, and i worked on that later.Also, my pot control skills were nonexistant.
      You should reread the articles, and post hands.Also, try to get at least silver, as the articles get more deep (not that you need it for NL4 lol).Just play taggish, you will get called down on your premium hands and you'll be + soon.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      watch videos, post more hands, read more articles. You must be doing something wrong, what are you stats? Downswings this bag aren't just bad luck. Trying to play your way out of it without assesing your game will be impossible. You have got to find your weaknesses and build on them. TBH 11 BI's isn't that bad, my worst was 22, and when I finally got software, I sorted it out within a couple of weeks.

If your post flop game isn't that good, then you should try SSS IMO.
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      I've just got busted on small stakes =)

Calling stations,I played 4 tables and lost like 100$ on 0,10 or something :tongue:
      I'm off full tilt for good

3 years ago I played 2-4e,that was way more easier than small stakes
      lol

Don't worry,happens to everyone.It's nothing unusual,part of the game
      gl ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Deflowerer

Calling stations,I played 4 tables and lost like 100$ on 0,10 or something :tongue:

lol

gl ;)
      Pretty shit advice IMO!
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I've been through many a downswing losing loads and getting beat by some pretty far out hands (like holding pocket 4s, floping the quads, getting the guy all in and he has pocket55, hits a 5 on turn and on the river).

Basicaly it's true... shit happens. But when it starts happening have a stop loss trigger (say if u lose 2 or more buyins depending what limits u play and how excited u get by bad beats) and when the stop loss is triggered take a walk, go do something else, regain focus and composure, only then try again. Try to do analysis as well, because everytime u lose over 10buyins in a row it's worth to take a good look at what u've been doing.

With proper play in situations u have to accept even losing the game. But striving for proper play is what will make u bounce back up even higher so don't despair just yet. Give it what u can and just keep focused on the big picture :)
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Originally posted by Deflowerer

lol

gl ;)
      Pretty shit advice IMO!
      Hahhah,ty
      I know how bad it is but what can you do? :D
      lol
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Looked up my username for pokerstars, and I come up as red fish..... Passive post flop, tight and selective preflop, good at blind stealing but bad at getting value which makes me a fish....

Crap....... :(