[NL2-NL10] bu AQ vs ... tight opp, or small sample?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $2.56 - VPIP: 73, PFR: 29, 3B: 1, AF: 2,3, Hands: 493
      CO: $4.10 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 20, 3B: 17, AF: 4,8, Hands: 70
      Hero (BTN): $4.35 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2,4, Hands: 4306
      SB: $2.16 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 8,5, Hands: 139
      BB: $2.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8
      UTG: $1.94 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 33

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A :diamond: Q :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero?
  • 5 replies
    • Qwertz321
      Qwertz321
      Bronze
      1st raise in 33 hands? I smell AA
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      i don't think 33 hands can mean anything significant at the moment.

He can just be unlucky and just doesn't have the hands yet, and he might be flustrated and play with a marginal hand.

Your AQ is strong enough to call since you are in the best position.

I will open up a flop and see how he will react, or even 3 bet on the flop to see how he will react- he might bluff you back though.

The only way to find out is to open the flop. If you don't have value after opening the flop, just fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

3betting might be too trouble-some here while it will be difficult to play afterwards in 3bet pot vs UTG range. Whilst we also have position you can easily just Call and reevaluate postflop.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

3betting might be too trouble-some here while it will be difficult to play afterwards in 3bet pot vs UTG range. Whilst we also have position you can easily just Call and reevaluate postflop.

Best Regards.
      Thank you for you advice Veriz, I improved my winrate a LOT thanks to you. :heart:

In this situation, I'm not comfortable even when hitting TP, that is why I folded. As long as my post-flop skills arent too good, I just avoid these uncomfortable situations, where I'm likely to spew. I fold a lot more now, and my winrate is a lot more aswell :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Thank you for you advice Veriz, I improved my winrate a LOT thanks to you. :heart:

In this situation, I'm not comfortable even when hitting TP, that is why I folded. As long as my post-flop skills arent too good, I just avoid these uncomfortable situations, where I'm likely to spew. I fold a lot more now, and my winrate is a lot more aswell :f_biggrin:
      Great to hear mate! I really hope you improve even more and with time I can assure you can go back to playing a bit looser but till that happens play tighter and get the understanding of preflop/postflop play.