This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] $0.05/$0.10 sss

• RunbytheRiver
      RunbytheRiver
      Global
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $1.85
      UTG+2:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $12.02
      BB:
      $9.62
      UTG:
      $1.79
      UTG+1:
      $2.15
      MP1:
      $13.75
      MP2:
      $10.82
      MP3:
      $12.09
      CO:
      $2.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , Q:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      6 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, CO raises to $2.00 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.85 (All-In).

Flop: ($4.00) 2:heart: , 9:club: , 8:spade:
      Turn: ($4.00) J:heart:
      River: ($4.00) 3:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.00

Just wanted to thank you for judging my other hands the other day. I can see my plays improving everyday, but I think I may have goofed on this one...
      -Brian
  • 3 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Strategy says a fold, because your stack:raise ratio is a little bit too high here.
      The check/push is kinda suspicious, and since KQ isn't a hand where you want to see a showdown with, I would have folded it.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you take a look at the Starting-Handings Chart, you will see that only JJ++ are worth re-raising to All-In Mostly.

With anything else, your chances are less than 45% so it i s not profitable in the long run to go All-In with KQo.

Since you are not Silver, I cannot give comments based on the Article of Playing against another SSS Player but KQ is a no-no when a Shortstack reraises.

Hell, it is not even mentioned in the article at all so its an auto fold next time for you ;)
      Bronze
      Hi RunbytheRiver,

check/push is so HIGHLY suspicious, I wouldn't go for it with KQ. Look: he's a short stack player and posted from the cutoff. First in it's an almost instaraise - very good stealing oportunities. A check can only mean 27-ish card or absolute nuts he just slowplayed. Since we cannot assume him being a good player - I'd say it's the latter.

Fold here, I'm afraid.

Good luck at the tables!