BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $15.19 (151.9 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with T
      6 folds, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.80) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4, Hero folds

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $0.80 pot ($0.04 rake)
      BB mucked and won $0.76 ($0.36 net)

My own analysis regarding my played hand:
      1] Should have made an attempt to steal BB with 3BB
      2] I called because he minraised me
      3] I folded on the turn because I gave him the advantage of my doubts because I couldn't really read what he had (freeplay.)
      TopPairNoKicker , I think if he had Toppair, his kicker would be worthless.
  • 4 replies
    • Leo
      Hi Gerv,

Very nice you're also posting an own analysis/own thoughts!

Personally I wouldnt recommend stealing on NL10 just yet. The reason for this is that it can become pretty expensive post-flop and you get called far too often on these limits for it to be profitable. Furthermore you need good reads in order to make stealing profitable your third point actually shows why stealing isn't a good play just yet.
      NL10 is loose enough to make massive profits with standard SSS. Stealing here (although it might seem attractive sometimes), really brings your total winning down a lot.

Completing here isn't an option either, since this is usually a very weak move. Therefore a fold pre-flop would be best here.
      The flop should in my opinion only be played agressively with hands like 2 pair or better, or hands with more then 11 outs (monster draws).

As played, I would also have folded the massive overbet on the turn.

With kind regards,
    • Gerv
      I tried to steal the pot with a c-bet on the Flop as standard explained in the Silver Articles.

Personally, I wouldn't steal nor fold with J10o on the SB. it costs me $0.05 to see the flop.
    • forfree83
      it was folded up to you. in sss there is nothing like limping first in and you did so. i sugest not to compleate SB first in. it's way better to raise or fold there.
      if you fold you avoid trouble and dificult decisions on the flop.
      if you bet you can take down the pot right away or get some inforamtion about oponents hand.
      i recomend fold on this limit (especialy without stats) ;)
      completing SB or limping from late position is a good idea when you have some limpers in front of you (good odds) and a hand that can easly improve (low pocket pair, siuted conectors).

on the flop i would check-raise him all-in. you have 80% equity ageinst random hand and your check can easly induce bluf.

you bet the flop and get min-reraised. agein bet or fold situation for me. you can call if you hope for improvement on the turn (J or T) but you don't get proper odds (need 8.4:1). you won't be able to call any but min turn bets.
      you should fold to unknown or one that min-raises monsters and push ageinst the rest but agein you need some reads.

on the other hand you have neighter posision nor iniciative on the flop and your hand is way from made hand. strategy says you sholuld play chcek/fold unless you hit T or J or backdoor flush.
      Welcome Gerv,

as mentioned before: either a fold or a raise is an option here. I'd probably raise but it depends of stats. When playing on NL10 it's kind of easy raise - people are either weak-tight or overaggressive and you probably know against which you're playing ;) .

See you, and try posting some more!