[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH KTo

• Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Villain plays 27/21 & is generally pretty aggro. Pre-flop & flop are std. Villain is more than able to raise the turn with a draw/air imo so I have to call. Shoving would overplaying it. I'd then have to call any blank river as well. But now he checks & I hit my second pair. The problem is that he hardly has any value hands in his range, but my hand is too strong not to valuebet.

What would be a good betsize on the river?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $57.17
      Hero (BTN): $50.00
      SB: $25.71
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $55.79

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75, 2 players) Q:diamond: 8:heart: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.73, BB calls $1.73

Turn: ($6.21, 2 players) 3:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.75, BB raises to $10.50, Hero calls $6.75

River: ($27.21, 2 players) T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.50, fold
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Schelles,

Could be asking already on the flop what's the purpose of Betting there. You ain't going to get tons of value from him and as long he is even super-aggressive you could easily just Check it behind and let him bluff on the turn. :)

Though if we do Bet then depends a lot on the villain in those spots, he is representing a very narrow range so I would end up most likely also calling him down. But I would rather Check it behind on the river to take a note with what he did the Check/Raise, he ain't calling you most likely anyways there with a lot worse hands.

Best Regards.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Thanks for the speedy reviews!

Well, I was thinking about not c-betting. But he is gonna call with hands like Qx, JT, AJ, maybe some underpairs there imo. Agreed that checking behind is definitely possible, but rather when the board is even more dry.

He wasn't super aggro either, more like regular healthy aggro, like me :P

I was just going to call down until I saw the river and his check. You're right that he's repping very thin, that's why I had probs with it on the river, there's nothing he can have.. Check behind for note purposes is a good idea.

Thx!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, betting the flop is still fine if we assume his calling range be that wide and which of course is fine. Though I doubt that he pays much on the turn.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Alrighty, thx :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What is the best line to play QK if we were villain? Check/raise flop?
      I think call flop and if vill cbets a lot on the turn ch/r turn. If non than maybe lead turn?

Don't really know
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      What is the best line to play QK if we were villain? Check/raise flop?
      I think call flop and if vill cbets a lot on the turn ch/r turn. If non than maybe lead turn?

Don't really know
      Check/Raise the flop, bet the turn and so on if we had KQ as being villain. Check/Raise turn will be a lot stronger and will scare away a lot of hands.