clearing your $50 on s&go

• Karna
      Karna
      Bronze
      Hi
      OK I joined and selected partypoker. The game I usually play is the sit&go. As I understand it, using your strategy guide the $50 should be played at the $1 tables untill it could be increased to the $3 tables (which are the next level) at around a stake of $100.

Now to clear the bonus you have to accumulate partypoints, now with a 'rake' of $0.20 a game (I guess, though it isn't clear) 5 games should give you 2pts. To clear the bonus you need 300 points and have three months to do it.
      Assuming you don't increase your level that would be 750 games in (say) 90 days which is just over 8 games per day. if you get to the $100 in say 200 games then that would leave 184 games at the $3 level which takes it down to 4-5 games per day.

Now after you lear this bonus you get another one, $100 requiring 600 points to clear in 90 days.

Questions:

Can you use the vacation feature to extend this time (though you won't be playing in that period?

Is it the case that the bonus is cleared or not, or is it posible to clear only part of the bonus on some kind of pro-rata basis?
      <edit: the second bonus apparently gets credited in $25 chunks for 150 points each. I guess if you don;t clear a bonus, it just gets wiped out.>

Do people recommend playing a different format in order to unlock the partypoints at a quicker rate, or is it just a case of having to multitable?

is the second bonus activated as soon as the first clears or does it just extend the deadline by 90 days?

given the structure, and the rapid rate of blind increases what do people think of using push/fold from the start? Obviously with >13BB your push hands would be the more solid ones, and I'd rather not but it does seem like it might work as a multitabling strategy.

Anyway thats my musings,

Karna
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I found MTT on PartyPoker more efficient.
      Session of 2 hours with 5 a 6 tables gives you 25 a 30 Standard Points. (NL10)

- No you cannot use the vacation feature, although I do not know for sure but do not expect you can use it.

Unfortunately I cannot give you advice on S&G as I am a çash player. What I do in Tourneys is just sit and wait for Premium hands in the first 3 a 4 levels of the blinds.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I dont know the format onparty but using push/fold from the start makes no sense IMO. If you push a hand like QQ in the first level of blinds, your only going to get called by hands that dominate you, AA/KK. The strategy's were made for a reason, so I suggest sticking to them as a begginer.

I dont think 750 tourneys in 3 months is much. I played my 1st SnG's on stars 7 days ago, and now have near 200 racked up. Only playing 2-6 at a time depending on which setup i'm using. As a begginer dont play more than you can handle though. A nice ROI% is better than clearing the bonus while your loosing money.
    • mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      I really don't recommend you try clearing the bonus with SnGs. One of my friends tried it and got nowhere - he had to take up cash games just to get the points he needed.