[NL20-NL50] Nl50 SH ATo vs flop raise

• Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      I had 110 hands on villain. He was playing tightish, 17/12 w 83 fold to 3-bet. However, I did stack him the hand before this one with set over set, so villain might be on tilt a bit. The 3-bet pre is fine imo. This is a flop i'd almost always c-bet, so I'm definitely c-betting when I hit. Then villain comes in with a huge raise. He might be on tilt, but I expect to see JJ/QQ a lot of the time. This flop is just bet/fold, right?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $50.00
      SB: $58.13
      Hero (BB): $102.00
      UTG: $35.37
      MP: $114.68
      CO: $53.92

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.00, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25, 2 players) 4:diamond: T:heart: 8:spade:
      Hero bets $6.50, CO raises to $25.00, fold
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Schelles,

Don't really see any reason to CB such a flop cause you ain't making better to fold nor value from worse. Rather just Check it and reevaluate the further actions.

If we do Bet then of course Bet/Fold it, he is more often going to have you beat there.

Best Regards.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz

You're right there. But what about balancing? Aren't you betting this flop if you missed it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Schelles
      Hi Veriz

You're right there. But what about balancing? Aren't you betting this flop if you missed it?
      Vs such a nitty player I wouldn't CB unless I hit. :P So for example with AK I'd just Check/Fold it here cause I know his calling range is mainly towards PPs which ain't going to fold.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      also...why do you 3bet bluff him after you just stacked the guy in a huge cooler? He might not adjust and your preflop 3bet might be profitable, but you also have reverse implieds with this hand and through maybe levelling yourself into him being on tilt....good thing you didn't