[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH KJo 4-way

• Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      SB: 40/17
      UTG: 29/12
      BU: 22/17

My isolation raise pre should've been 5 bb. We go to the flop 4-way and UTG donks. Call is my only option imo here. The other 2 guys decided to call as well, which makes it more complicated.

The turn brings a flush draw & the donker decides to check. Now I'm doubting between betting for protection/value & checking for pot control. BU is a reg, so I'm pretty sure he would've raised his strong hands on the flop. He's almost always folding when I bet. The other 2 are fish and more unpredictable. I decided to go for bet/fold here, because the fish can pay me off with less & I don't want to give them free cards. This is best, right? & what about the sizing?

PokerStars - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: €42.81
      MP: €19.74
      Hero (CO): €56.23
      BTN: €53.64
      SB: €48.32
      BB: €50.00

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.75) Hero has K:spade: J:club:

UTG calls €0.50, fold, Hero raises to €2.00, BTN calls €2.00, SB calls €1.75, fold, UTG calls €1.50

Flop: (€8.50, 4 players) T:spade: K:diamond: 3:heart:
      SB checks, UTG bets €4.06, Hero calls €4.06, BTN calls €4.06, SB calls €4.06

Turn: (€24.74, 4 players) 5:heart:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets €14.00, fold, fold, fold
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Schelles,

Not a huge fan of betting the turn into 3 guys there. From what do you get called which is a lot worse? :)

Best Regards.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Well, there are a lot of draws out there and I am playing against 2 fish. The donking fish can have a weaker Kx as well.

I think I'm gonna have the best hand here most of the time, but if I give all 3 of them free cards, there's a good chance I'll be beat on the river.

Kind regards,
      Schelles
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Schelles
      Hey Veriz,

Well, there are a lot of draws out there and I am playing against 2 fish. The donking fish can have a weaker Kx as well.

I think I'm gonna have the best hand here most of the time, but if I give all 3 of them free cards, there's a good chance I'll be beat on the river.

Kind regards,
      Schelles
      Even if they have draws they wont Bet the river anyways cause they are 4way. So we can have Check there and give-up on the river than take the thin value here whilst we have to risk with a lot money whilst our hand isn't even that strong.