[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AJ turn

• Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Villain is a 23/18 reg. My cbet is std, but where do I go from the turn? Go for protection or pot control?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $46.85
      BTN: $32.28
      SB: $20.75
      BB: $77.65
      Hero (UTG): $102.92
      MP: $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has J:heart: A:club:

Hero raises to $2.00, MP calls $2.00, fold, fold, SB calls $1.75, fold

Flop: ($6.50, 3 players) 9:heart: 6:heart: A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, MP calls $4.00, fold

Turn: ($14.50, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $9.00, MP raises to $22.00, fold
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Schelles,

Well, if you CB the flop then also means we should be 2nd barreling the turn for protection & value instead of turning our hand into bluff-catcher whilst it will be difficult to Call him down.

Best Regards.
    • Schelles
      Schelles
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Ty!
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What worse hands are calling? There aren't even much FD's, maybe only KQs, we don't know if he CC's A2s-A5s. + I think he can just call a set on the flop.

The CB is obv already thin but it's the main goal of it is to protect our equity vs 2 guys I guess
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      advise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      What worse hands are calling? There aren't even much FD's, maybe only KQs, we don't know if he CC's A2s-A5s. + I think he can just call a set on the flop.

The CB is obv already thin but it's the main goal of it is to protect our equity vs 2 guys I guess
      You don't want to start Check/Calling 2 streets either whilst he could easily just do that against you. Why would you Check/Call the turn & then Check/Fold the river for example on a blank?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

You don't want to start Check/Calling 2 streets either whilst he could easily just do that against you. Why would you Check/Call the turn & then Check/Fold the river for example on a blank?
      Just check/fold turn?
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze

Just check/fold turn?
      I think its extremely abusable line: if I bet IP and PFA c/calls, its always second barrel for me with any two cards.

I think the hand is played well. If you know that the opponent is a regular floater, you could c/call turn AND river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Just check/fold turn?
      Then you you are giving up there very wide range, so not really. :)