[NL2-NL10] AKo, c-bet all-in?

• midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed)

Hero ($1.55)
      BB ($8.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A :club: , K :diamond: .
      UTG calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.50, 1 fold.

Flop: ($1.10) Q :spade: , 2 :heart: , 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero ???

Should I make a c-bet here? If I do, I would be forced to just go all-in as I only have $1.05 left in my stack (and the pot is $1.10)
  • 10 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Ooops, wrong button. I meant to edit my above post, but I accidentally hit "Reply."
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      In that case you should just push.
      Chance is small that he hit anything on this board.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      hey midgetjay

Your stack is smaller then pot
      according to the basic strategy, you have to go all-in with any hand
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Durr..

**slaps himself**

That's one of the things that I missed when I first read the articles.

Hold on, I thought it was if your stack was less than 1/2 the pot? Lemme double check..
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you want to raise , if it cost you more than 50% of your stack, go all-in instead.

It's the raise size : stack ratio
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      hey midgetjay

Your stack is smaller then pot
      according to the basic strategy, you have to go all-in with any hand
      According to the strategy, you should push the flop with a trash hand when your stack is less than half of the pot.

However, you make a normal continuation bet here, so that will be around 2/3pot, which is more than half of your stack so that's an easy push.

So just combine the posts from xylere and Gerv :D
      Bronze
      No way to disagree with xylere the mastah ;)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I get the confusing point now.
      He says moving all-in with any hand, but he means any hand that is on the SHC, because with any other hand you wouldn't end up in these kinds of situations.

However, if you're against 3 opponents on a missed flop and the stack:pot size is similar to this situation, you can't push.

I quote from the article:

TWO EXCEPTIONS: YOU ONLY HAVE ONE OPPONENT OR THE POT IS TOO BIG

There are only two exceptions in which you will further invest money into a trash hand:

- You raised pre-flop and on the flop you only have one opponent. Then, and only then, you bet 2/3 of the pot. Same here: If you have to invest more than half of your money, you immediately push all-in. If on the other hand your opponent raises or even only calls your bet, you're through with your hand. You won't invest more money and will give up when facing any resistance.
      - If you raised pre-flop and at the start of the next betting round you already have less than half of the pot left, you also invest the remainder of your stack no matter what. Mucking your hand makes no sense as the pot is too big for that.
      So it's:
      - Bet 2/3pot with 1 opponent, if this is more than half your stack, you push
      - Push if you have less than half of the pot, no matter how many opponents

Please correct me if I'm wrong :D
      Bronze
      According to your questions:

You're right, against three it wouldn't really be a good thing to push with overs only and oop. But in this situation Hero's heads up, hence he have to make a continuation bet which means going all-in since his stack is less than pot size.

When against one oponent on the flop, being a preflop aggressor you need to push many hands, especially if your stack's less then 1.5 the pot size.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I'm just making sure that some people aren't gonna misinterpret the thing xylere said.
      Of course what he said is right for this situation, but not for every situation. And I was confused myself a bit, if he was takling about this situation only, or about every situation (and apparently midgetjay also was). So that's why I just cleared it up.

About the hand, there is no doubt that you should push here of course ;)