MP1 ($132.36) 132bb
      MP2 ($112.25) 112bb
      MP3 ($114.40) 114bb
      CO ($98.50) 99bb
      BTN ($122.25) 122bb
      SB ($99) 99bb
      BB ($98.50) 99bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:diamond: J:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $3, MP1 calls $3, 3 folds, BTN calls $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: 8:diamond: 7:club: 6:diamond: ($12.50, 4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $1, BTN calls $1, BB raises to $8, Hero folds, MP1 calls $7, BTN calls $7

Turn: 9:heart: ($36.50, 3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, BTN checks

River: 9:diamond: ($36.50, 3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, BTN bets $18.25, BB folds, MP1 calls $18.25

Final Pot: $73

All 3 are huge whales. I'm thinking either check-fold or check-shove but every time I check-shoved so far someone woke up with the nuts :) , including 43 on a 265 flop.
      I just don't see other ways to reach the showdown safely. 4,5,9,T, 6, 7, 8 any :diamond: , A, maybe K, Q all are bad cards and there are 2 streets to come. My hand is realy poor in this multiway context. Do you think it's a good idea to lay down JJ here directly from the start?

One had A7, so yeah A is definetely a bad card most of the time and the other had 35.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Why not just CB the flop? :P Check/Shoving wouldn't make sense cause you are making worse to fold and better to continue. So if I am Checking then it means I am planning to give up my hand.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Well, check-shoving never worked for me against such whales when I had overcards+draw and they have a pair and bet it, because they probably put me on AK. Theoretically it should work.

I normally continue but I don't think it's such a good idea because I'm always forced to check-fold at some point. So I took some time and thought about it, I have to play my overpair against an entire field, it's a 4way pot against fish with little FE, what are the chances that it will hold up against 6 cards, in the case it's not beaten already ? It's a bit like omaha.

I'm not firmly declaring it's bad to cbet and play it out, I'm just wondering. I know nits have been doing this for ages and it does seem to have some logic behind.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Oops
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Well, check-shoving never worked for me against such whales when I had overcards+draw and they have a pair and bet it, because they probably put me on AK. Theoretically it should work.

I normally continue but I don't think it's such a good idea because I'm always forced to check-fold at some point. So I took some time and thought about it, I have to play my overpair against an entire field, it's a 4way pot against fish with little FE, what are the chances that it will hold up against 6 cards, in the case it's not beaten already ? It's a bit like omaha.

I'm not firmly declaring it's bad to cbet and play it out, I'm just wondering. I know nits have been doing this for ages and it does seem to have some logic behind.
      Nah, Check/Folding is still fine. Especially why we would do it is that cause this is one of the boards which is one of the worst which we would want to see. Way too many connected hands made 2pairs/straights and of course enough of set combos there.