Change of birth - Pokerstars

• angeljgarcia
      angeljgarcia
      Bronze
      I want to know what happens if some friend was underage before he made his pokerstars account and know hes 20 and want to fix that. He has money on pokerstars and had make a lot of deposits and cash outs and pokerstars has never request ID, but hes afraid some day they will.

Someone has or had this situation? ?(

• 6 replies
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      his account will be closed :) it is against regulator's rules
    • Dodozz
      Dodozz
      Bronze
      ye , he(you) should withdraw all money untill you can :tongue:
      :f_p:
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FaTDoGBG
      his account will be closed :) it is against regulator's rules
      That's not true. I registered on pokerstars when i was 17 and when i turned 18 i changed my birth date. I also sent them my ID, so they can verify my age. They told me that's against the rules to open your account before 18 and they gave me something like a warning. I am now 19 and i have been using this account for quite a long time. I made a lot of cashouts withour any problem. Everything is going smooth, no problems at all.

No problems, i mean it. Not even the "cash-out curse". :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Fellow australian player James Obst (Andy McLeod) started playing on Full Tilt when he was 15, got caught and was banned, but strangely was told he would be allowed back on his 18th birthday. Don't know if he lost the money .

2nd place in the WCOOP main event in 2010 was only 15 or 16. He won over $500k. His account was closed and the proceeds were donated to charity by PokerStars.

Really do think it strange PokerStars never asked for I.D. check on first withdrawal, although I've heard of players from other sites who have never been asked for I.D. despite their rooms T & Cs saying it is necessary.

My advice would definitely be to keep as little BR on site as possible. When Full Tilt re-opens you should be able to transfer money to that site with correct DOB, close PokerStars account and then open a new account, maybe?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey guys hope you don't mind but i've moved this thread to a more suitable place :)

Anyway this:
      Originally posted by Lazza61

2nd place in the WCOOP main event in 2010 was only 15 or 16. He won over $500k. His account was closed and the proceeds were donated to charity by PokerStars.

Was so sick, ofc it was his own fault lol but i mean can you imagine how he must have felt haha :f_eek:

When i first started playing online poker i was 16, it wasn't on stars was a non partner room and when i turned 18 i just mailed them and asked if there would be a problem they basically said ofc not welcome aboard :D

A friend of mine was the same but with Stars and he's been allowed to continue to play too not sure if he got a warning or anything though.

Me or my friend never deposited or withdrew though we just used it for freerolls so i'm not sure how your friend will be treated. Tell him to cross his fingers and hope they don't check? Otherwise i would probably withdraw my roll, hope they don't ask questions and play somewhere else and if i ever went back to Stars send them an email explaining EVERYTHING before i deposit and see what they say

Have a nice Sunday
      Carl
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dodozz
      ye , he(you) should withdraw all money untill you can :tongue:
      :f_p:
      :f_biggrin:

yeah, people have it right... i think the plan is take out as much as possible, hope it works, then come out clean and explain EVERYTHING