This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG starting hand charts

• Onehunga
      Onehunga
      Bronze
      In the starting hand charts +24 big blinds JJ,TT it tells what to do for No raises in front and for more than one raise but not what to do for one raise. Similarly for 99 - 22 and AQ,AJ,KQ on this chart.

In the 14-24 BB chart AA,KK and TT and AQ have no instruction for one raise only.

Can someone explain what the recommendation for these situations for one raise in front. ?
  • 2 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      I dunno. I've asked that question twice before and got two different answers. Hopefully someone can clear it up this time.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Onehunga
      In the starting hand charts +24 big blinds JJ,TT it tells what to do for No raises in front and for more than one raise but not what to do for one raise. Similarly for 99 - 22 and AQ,AJ,KQ on this chart.

In the 14-24 BB chart AA,KK and TT and AQ have no instruction for one raise only.

Can someone explain what the recommendation for these situations for one raise in front. ?
      hi Onehunga,

+24BB, for one raise in front here is what i do:

22-JJ: evaluate odds, do i have call20? that is to say, does the opponent have at least 20 in stacksize x size of the raise? if so, i would call and play for set value.

AQ, AJ, KQ: just fold.

14-24BB:

AA, KK: reraise all-in

AQ, TT: depending on opponent and his position, i would usually reraise all-in with these. but if he's a good opponent making a raise from early position, it's an easy fold. to one raise in front, in general, it's either all-in or fold.