$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $19.63
      MP: $55.39
      CO: $32.29
      BTN: $63.32
      SB: $70.80
      Hero (BB): $51.58

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with J :club: A :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($14.75) J :heart: 4 :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.37, Hero calls $7.37

Turn: ($29.49) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($29.49) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.00, BTN folds

MP 21/18

BTN

Preflop I didnt want to call, but I have a decent hand with blockers, so I decided to squeeze against two regs.
      On the flop I have TPTK, but I dont think that bet/broke would be huge +EV, and I didnt want to bet/fold, so I checked, he could take a stab here with a wide range.
      On the river I made a smaller valuebet, mainly against worse Jx/TT/99 range.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Well, I doubt that the guy is anyways bluffing the river so which might make me also rather bet the river for thin value from the pointed out range you gave above.

Best Regards.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Well, I doubt that the guy is anyways bluffing the river so which might make me also rather bet the river for thin value from the pointed out range you gave above.

Best Regards.
      I would actually have checked the river. My thinking would have been, that it is obvious, that we have a hand like we do and will never get a call by worse. Reading your comment did get me to understand that the same applies to checking and we won't get bluffed.

Wouldn't in a situation as I have just outlined, a fake blocker bet be a good choice?
      We would give villain a chance to spaz and probably get more calls from weak made hands.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Verum
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Best Regards.
      I would actually have checked the river. My thinking would have been, that it is obvious, that we have a hand like we do and will never get a call by worse. Reading your comment did get me to understand that the same applies to checking and we won't get bluffed.

Wouldn't in a situation as I have just outlined, a fake blocker bet be a good choice?
      We would give villain a chance to spaz and probably get more calls from weak made hands.
      I'd Check most of the time here if I assume the guy is also able to take stabs. If he is rather passive I'd just take the nonSD winning for me and boost my nonSD line instead cause I know the guy is willing to Check behind all his PP type of holdings and Ace high there. Which means he will see our hand and how we played with it which I wouldn't want to reveal.