$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BTN: $137.76
      Hero (SB): $50.00
      BB: $74.61
      UTG: $68.77
      CO: $49.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :diamond: T :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 2 :club: 4 :diamond: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7.00) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25

River: ($17.50) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $13.12, Hero calls $13.12

BB

I think BB could float this flop with a wide range. So what's better on the turn?
      Bet/fold turn to make his floats fold?
      Ch/call turn against his floats, and ch/fold river if he bets again?
      Or just check already on the flop, and turn our hand into bluffcatcher, as there are no draws to protect from?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Nah, seems to be fine to play it this way as well. He is representing a rather narrow range with the river bet there.

Best Regards.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

He is representing a rather narrow range with the river bet there.

Best Regards.
      I know I am making you work more lately, but it's the only way I learn, so I hope you don't mind...

Is his Range really that narrow?

my assumption is:

22,44,55, one combo of 88, 3 combos of T8, 6 combos of AT, 2 combos of KT, 14 combos of A3

makes 35 value combos.

Two questions:

1. Do you think that my assumption seems realistic?
      2. Do you think that, given his river aggression, his W$wsf and his reasonable fold to cbet, he is likely to be pure bluffing two streets...for there aren't many draws to peel the flop with?
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You are welcome to ask as many questions you have, don't feel sorry for it. :) Just if I am harsh at some point then it means you are doing good work and I am trying to motivate you more with it. :) Asking and discussing those things makes you better, so why wouldn't you use it?

1. Do you think that my assumption seems realistic?

Yes, the range seems to be more realistic but also he has a lot of those combos which we actually have beat, starting from just pure floats with Ace high there and at the same time missed BDFD for example and couple of other draws. Which means that Check/Call the turn & Check/Fold the river wouldn't make sense, instead we should be then 2nd barreling it. Or another possibility would be to turn our hand into bluff-catcher right on the flop so we would be able to reevaluate the actions from there when the pot is smaller.

2. Do you think that, given his river aggression, his W$wsf and his reasonable fold to cbet, he is likely to be pure bluffing two streets...for there aren't many draws to peel the flop with?

W$SDF isn't reasonable, AF is pretty standard -> rather take a look at AFq which is default for the river, maybe a bit more passive but I see him also bluffing in those spots. Plus of course the guy folds just 50% to CBs, so it's not really reasonable but rather loose, meanwhile has decent raise vs the CB which could tell us that the guy is also able to play back.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Plus of course the guy folds just 50% to CBs, so it's not really reasonable but rather loose
      I need to fold to WAY more flops...