[NL20-NL50] Nl25Shz - Qq

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $127.06 (508.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $66.25 (265 bb)
      BB: $29.25 (117 bb)
      UTG: $26.70 (106.8 bb)
      MP: $55.14 (220.6 bb)
      CO: $27.75 (111 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: Q:club:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN folds, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, MP calls $2.25, CO folds

Flop: ($7) 2:spade: J:heart: T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.90, MP raises to $8.25, Hero raises to $12.70, MP calls $4.45

Turn: ($32.40) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.50, MP raises to $39.44 and is all-in, Hero calls $24.94

River: ($111.28) 7:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Villain: 17/12 (11K hands)

Opens: 16% from MP
      Fold to 3bet: 50%
      Call 3bet: 45%
      4bet: 5%

Raise flop cbet: 11%

basically we can tell judging from his stats he's fairly wide here, but, given his low raise flop cbet, I am not sure what to do.

It's a really tough situation since we're very deep and I don't see him stacking off with anything weaker. Can I fold? doubt it, I supposed perhaps a call would be in order... but a call with what plan in mind, should he barrel and I have to fold on turn or river.

Or should I set my mind on calling it down, given that no aces hits the board, since that would kill most of my value range.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Even though the guy has pretty high raise CB I don't really like 3betting in those spots. Whatever he has will have decent equity against us, I doubt that he does it with pure air.

Nor of course the 3bet size just doesn't make sense, he will most of the time end up there having a draws which calls against you like that and which unfortunately completes on the turn as FD/SD.

Best Regards.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Noted, so what am I supposed to do? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by axelphoney
      Noted, so what am I supposed to do? :)
      If I am betting then I'd really rather be happy to Bet/Fold it instead Bet/Calling whilst not even having the Q which might give us extra backdoor equity.

So which means that we assume he is raise-happy also even in 3bet pots I'd be turning my hand into bluff-catcher right there. Equity with the Bet/Call or Bet/3bet is going to be pretty crappy here and nor we don't really know what to afterwards on the turn if even a blank comes. We don't need balancing on NL25 anyways so Check/Call might be even more reasonable vs such a guy than Betting.

Or as said if we decide really to go for such a line then at least 3bet it that size which wouldn't give him decent implied odds for his draws.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Should we just 3bet/broke the flop with AA? how does it make a difference if we have AhAx?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Should we just 3bet/broke the flop with AA? how does it make a difference if we have AhAx?
      Well, of course we could have more equity against his range. :P Though what does change in the meaning of having QQ or AA there? How many more combos do you have beat on the flop?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, of course we could have more equity against his range. :P Though what does change in the meaning of having QQ or AA there? How many more combos do you have beat on the flop?
      Not many :P

And are we more inclined to go broke with AA without a haert? because he can have many FD's if we don't have Ah
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Not many :P

And are we more inclined to go broke with AA without a haert? because he can have many FD's if we don't have Ah
      For 200bb deep? Nope. :P