No limit beginners

• lexy655
      lexy655
      Bronze
      Will give myself one year to approve.... Thanks in advance

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

a) Keep myself fit- mentaly
      b) Money
      c) Quit my job and start to do thing I really want. life is too short to do things I have to

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

a) Knowledge
      b) Too passive
      c) Hate to see somebody win with very weak hand

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Thight agressive- Then player plays very few hands, but strong ones in preflpop. Same time player will be protective to his/ hers hands after flop. It might work because winning % is high and player do not put himself/ herself in difficult situatsions very often.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Knowledge is part of every thing you do in your life, even if you study at school or whatsoever, open a business. You will get better with time, the same is with poker, don't worry about it but rather concentrate on improving.

Although I would strongly recommend getting rid of the problem "hate to see when somebody wins" cause it's going to affect your game hardly. It usually makes you tilt which causes a lot of problems, for example against tilt you can use:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • lexy655
      lexy655
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)

It's ok and possible to win, but bit boring to play...No questions, probably poker is game where we have to wait when somebody makes mistakes or getting too bored to wait for good hand.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

I did put some hands out, maybe not in right way, will try again some other day.
      No questions to ask

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo
      65,77% - 34,23%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Merged your old thread, you can in the future the same thread for all your homeworks, so it would be also easier for us to Check your old leaks and homeworks and see what we have spoken earlier.

That's might be true that at some point just following the chart is boring, though you somehow have to learn the game. By following the chart most likely its' going to be the easiest way to do that. Learn first preflop/postflop game and then start playing looser and more aggressive.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.