When to leave the table?

• Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Topic pretty much sums what i want to ask.

When to leave a table?

How much percent of buy in you need to earn before leaving the table?

I'm asking because i tend to play more loose when i earn half of my buy in.
  • 7 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Do you play BSS or MSS?

For MSS you will find the exact answer in the articles (I think it is when you win 15bb).
      For BSS there is no limit. It depends how comfortable you are playing deepstacked. :) If you are not comfortable playing deeper, just leave when you win 50bb (or 100bb or whatever suits you).
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Do you play BSS or MSS?

For MSS you will find the exact answer in the articles (I think it is when you win 15bb).
      For BSS there is no limit. It depends how comfortable you are playing deepstacked. :) If you are not comfortable playing deeper, just leave when you win 50bb (or 100bb or whatever suits you).
      This :)

Its all about playing your A game and if you know you are not playing it anymore then its time to leave you want to win as much as possible so therefore only play in situations where you can play to the best of your ability.
      The more you play the more you ill improve at playing deep so don't worry too much about that just yet :)

Good luck
      Carl
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Thanks for answers! :heart:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i asked this question about a year ago :D

playing BSS i think learning to play deep is important. just ask yourself what you will do and how you will feel if you lose that money. obviously losing sucks, but will you want to punch your monitor? break your mouse? if so, just rathole the winnings imo. rathole the winnings then read this article!

depending on how i feel i just get up and leave. but then there is always gunna be a reason why you won that money - maybe theres a huge donk paying everyone off. in that case, why not stay? i love it because the donk often sucks out sometime and gets deep - maybe even 4BI deep and will just donate!

i remember i used to make the mistake of thinking i was deep when i was sat with a 150bb stack. but actually you are only really deep if effective stacks are deep. so if you are the only one playing with a bigger stack, then you arent really deep. i think ?(

Lewis.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i asked this question about a year ago :D

playing BSS i think learning to play deep is important. just ask yourself what you will do and how you will feel if you lose that money. obviously losing sucks, but will you want to punch your monitor? break your mouse? if so, just rathole the winnings imo. rathole the winnings then read this article!

depending on how i feel i just get up and leave. but then there is always gunna be a reason why you won that money - maybe theres a huge donk paying everyone off. in that case, why not stay? i love it because the donk often sucks out sometime and gets deep - maybe even 4BI deep and will just donate!

i remember i used to make the mistake of thinking i was deep when i was sat with a 150bb stack. but actually you are only really deep if effective stacks are deep. so if you are the only one playing with a bigger stack, then you arent really deep. i think ?(

Lewis.
      +1

And I used to spew when I was deep, but these days I don't look at my stack anymore. I'm only looking at my villains stack. If they have more then 100bb then I have to look at mine as well obviously.

And I leave the table when the table isn't optimal anymore: when there are no fish left, loose players to my left and tight to my right, that kind of stuff. But I don't leave if I have like 2BI or so.

If you don't feel comfortable with playing deepstacked I suggest leaving with 2 - 2,5BI's.

Best of luck on the tables!
      RasTweet
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Leave when there is no fish left.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      leave if you havnt got an edge and/or players are making things difficult for you
      table selection is very important if you like money