• JohnOnTx
      JohnOnTx
      Basic
      Player 1 (SB) 50.00
      Player 2 (BB) 100.00
      Player 3 raises 200.00
      Player 4 (me) goes all-in for 150.00.

Players 1 and 2 fold.

Here's my question. The dealer determined that the most I could will was 150.00, because that was all I had. So the dealer had player 3 take back his 200.00 raise and had a showdown between he and I. It didn't seem right that player 3 got to play for free. I challenged it and was told I was wrong.

What is the rule on this?
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, one can only win as much as one invests (kinda obviously). that's called effective stacks

player 3 didn't get to play for free, he got to play for your $150. i'd guess that he actually had $50 taken back
      maybe something happened "strangely" in the execution, but if you won the pot you'd just have to take $150 of his chips because nothing else even makes sense
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Wtf did i just read?

So you say u put up 150 and he didnt have to call anything to play for the 150 pot? Lol
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      He should take 50 back and you should be able to play a 450 chip pot.

So they were not correct.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey JohnOnTx

Moved this to the no limit forum, where it suits best.

The dealer was right. You can only win as much as you have left per player that is on the table. If there is only 1 player in the pot, you can only win $150.
      Thanks guys! :f_love:

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnOnTx
      So the dealer had player 3 take back his 200.00 raise and had a showdown between he and I.
      If this sentence is true like you wrote it, than you are right. Player 3 should only get 50 back, because he needs to invest 150 like you did = effective stack.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey JohnOnTx

The dealer was right. You can only win as much as you have left per player that is on the table. If there is only 1 player in the pot, you can only win $150.

RasTweet
      Are you sure?

I thought that the blinds become dead money because of the raise. So he can win 150 dead money blinds, and 150 from player 3, plus his 150 to make a 450 pot?
      Maybe I'm wrong.

It seems a bit shitty to someone with only 1.5 big blinds to give opponent a free showdown against them haha, and also limit them to only doubling up.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey JohnOnTx

RasTweet
      Are you sure?

I thought that the blinds become dead money because of the raise. So he can win 150 dead money blinds, and 150 from player 3, plus his 150 to make a 450 pot?
      Maybe I'm wrong.

It seems a bit shitty to someone with only 1.5 big blinds to give opponent a free showdown against them haha, and also limit them to only doubling up.
      Oh please forgive me you are right!

So he can win:
      The blinds (maybe the antes)
      + 150 from every player thats in the pot that has 150+chips.

This time it should be correct.

RasTweet