• Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      villian 6/0/0 after 36hands

Preflop: given his stats im only calling

Flop: his range is approx AA,KK,AKs/AKo

AA,KK,AKo are probably going for cbet instead of check

AKs could check/minraise here.

If the right play is just to call his minraise, what do we do on turn and river?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $27.84
      SB: $19.04
      BB: $14.75
      Hero (UTG): $32.81
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $9.19

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q Q

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.70, 2 players) T:s5 Q
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $32.01 and is all-in, SB calls $15.84 and is all-in

Turn: ($38.18, 2 players) K

River: ($38.18, 2 players) 9
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      pretty sick.

seems like he just won't stack off with less than AK but i'd probably still do it anyway... i mean that's 1 combo ;( and we have "some equity"
      hope for A A, K K or something
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tsukk,

Doubt that it's easy to get away here whilst the guy could easily even have worse sets and not to talk about maybe even A:sA or whatsoever as Tomaloc mentioned. Even if he has flush we will still have decent equity against that hand.

Although I wouldn't be shoving directly there but instead make a normal raise to force him make mistakes.

Best Regards.
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      Hello and thanks, just one question comes in my mind.

Do worse sets, or A:sA really goes for check/minraise here? Why he wouldnt go cbet/shove with them?:)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, that's the problem. :f_biggrin:

it's like FUUUUUU toppest of my range and he only reps 1 combo wtfshipthemonies.
      just can't play it more passively, even though he just does ALWAYS have it there :f_biggrin:
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      Seems so wrong, to ship it vs 1 combo while he always has it.

Whats the point in it then?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      because he's unknown, and when you're losing against only 1 combo you also only need 1 combo of hands that you beat to make it profitable.
      between all the A A K K or maaaaybe (by a long shot) even TT there's enough of possibility that he could have one of those while you still have a so small sample on him.

also here it's not like you may be drawing for only one out... so all things considered it's a cry ship :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tsukk
      Hello and thanks, just one question comes in my mind.

Do worse sets, or A:sA really goes for check/minraise here? Why he wouldnt go cbet/shove with them?:)
      Well, neither you can't discard TT combos or maybe even 55 combos which play that horrible. :) Instead I'd rather discard AA combo cause of his raise size preflop. But most likely I would end up still going broke here cause even if we are vs flush we have still decent equity vs it.