This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 zoom deep top set

• Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Bronze
      villian 6/0/0 after 36hands

Preflop: given his stats im only calling

Flop: his range is approx AA,KK,AKs/AKo

AA,KK,AKo are probably going for cbet instead of check

AKs could check/minraise here.

If the right play is just to call his minraise, what do we do on turn and river?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $27.84
      SB: $19.04
      BB: $14.75
      Hero (UTG): $32.81
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $9.19

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q Q

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.70, 2 players) T:s5 Q
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $32.01 and is all-in, SB calls $15.84 and is all-in

Turn: ($38.18, 2 players) K

River: ($38.18, 2 players) 9
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      pretty sick.

seems like he just won't stack off with less than AK but i'd probably still do it anyway... i mean that's 1 combo ;( and we have "some equity"
      hope for A A, K K or something
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tsukk,

Doubt that it's easy to get away here whilst the guy could easily even have worse sets and not to talk about maybe even A:sA or whatsoever as Tomaloc mentioned. Even if he has flush we will still have decent equity against that hand.

Although I wouldn't be shoving directly there but instead make a normal raise to force him make mistakes.

Best Regards.
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Bronze
      Hello and thanks, just one question comes in my mind.

Do worse sets, or A:sA really goes for check/minraise here? Why he wouldnt go cbet/shove with them?:)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, that's the problem. :f_biggrin:

it's like FUUUUUU toppest of my range and he only reps 1 combo wtfshipthemonies.
      just can't play it more passively, even though he just does ALWAYS have it there :f_biggrin:
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Bronze
      Seems so wrong, to ship it vs 1 combo while he always has it.

Whats the point in it then?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      because he's unknown, and when you're losing against only 1 combo you also only need 1 combo of hands that you beat to make it profitable.
      between all the A A K K or maaaaybe (by a long shot) even TT there's enough of possibility that he could have one of those while you still have a so small sample on him.

also here it's not like you may be drawing for only one out... so all things considered it's a cry ship :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tsukk
      Hello and thanks, just one question comes in my mind.

Do worse sets, or A:sA really goes for check/minraise here? Why he wouldnt go cbet/shove with them?:)
      Well, neither you can't discard TT combos or maybe even 55 combos which play that horrible. :) Instead I'd rather discard AA combo cause of his raise size preflop. But most likely I would end up still going broke here cause even if we are vs flush we have still decent equity vs it.