Table plrs/flop, position, and made hands

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      So I was at a table where i seemed to lose every hand I played or win only the blinds. Everyone folded every hand unless they had premium hands and in the blinds they always folded to my raise. I lost about everything on that table that I made at every other table. It seems like a bad Idea to ever raise since they will only call with KK+, so what should I do at this table to have +EV?
      That table was about 7% p/f so does anyone know the minimum p/f sss should play at?

I have had cards one position off and had to fold, but if everyone has already folded to that point can that be an exception to raise?

I doubled up at a table then immediately after got JJ so I called one all in according to sss strategy but lost, should I have folded and left the table with more than 25bb?

Is top pair still a made hand on a wet board or against strong resistance? And must it be folded without a J or higher kicker? Also, are straights with 4 on the board top in the pocket or flushes with Q+ one card in pocket made hands? Finally, with a paired flop like K88 or KQQ is KJ still a made hand even though the next pair is actually trips?
  • 6 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      It seems like a bad Idea to ever raise since they will only call with KK+, so what should I do at this table to have +EV?
      Leave :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      It seems like a bad Idea to ever raise since they will only call with KK+, so what should I do at this table to have +EV?
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Any help with my other questions? at least scary flops and p/f?
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Likelyhood of them having a premium hadn when you raise is low. You can only steal blinds on this table to have EV+, so leave the table. There are hundreds of tables to choose from unless you are at full tilt then you have to just come another time.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      Loosen up in late position (ie.steal more) and therefore take advantage of the excessively tight play.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Any help with my other questions? at least scary flops and p/f?

There is no basic rules on how to adjust. Depends on many factors.
      But its just doesn't make any sense to stay there. There are plenty of fish around on this limit.