[NL2-NL10] NL10: 88 2nd barrel

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1870025
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $8.42 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1,0, RiverAF: , 4.0, FoldTocBetFlop: 29(14), FoldTocBetTurn: 0(6), Hands: 332
      BTN: $10.05 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 11,0, Hands: 348
      SB: $7.71 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 22, 3B: 7, AF: 5,5, Hands: 36
      BB: $8.76 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 1,0, Hands: 65
      Hero (UTG): $10.39 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 56532

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with 8 :diamond: 8 :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 3 :spade: 4 :club: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

River: ($4.35) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Given his postflop stats should sort of be fine. I am worried about his high river AF though.
  • 9 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not usually barrel turn. Very likely you don´t get worse hands to call and I think you gain more by c/c turn to let bet his floats or worse pp-s. Also if you bet turn you still have to play river and I think you can´t bet 3 streets for value and very likely would just c/f to big bet

best regards,
      Bronze
      Veriz, do you agree that the check/call line is better on the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

He is pretty loose overall and doesn't fold to CBs at all. So I don't mind the idea of double-barreling it and doing it for free showdown. Cause you can't really Call the turn and then Check/Fold the river, cause such a guy just wont lay down his draws this way. Which means if we Check/Call the turn then we should be willing to bluff-catch him on the river also.

Also fix your sizes on the flop cause you wouldn't be Betting this amount when you would have Qx hand but rather would plan to protect your hand with bigger bet. Especially I don't get the line why did you change it on the turn if you had a 1/2 on the flop.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      when you would have Qx hand but rather would plan to protect your hand with bigger bet.

With Qx vs this opponent I would have bet ~0.75–0.80$ on this flop since he folds so rarely and since I probably don't need to balance my sizing all that much vs him anyway. Is it not a good idea to bet smaller with a bit weaker hands on this limit in order not to make the pot too big for the strength of our hand, provided we are not being exploited this way? 0.50$ in this case might be a bit too small should have gone for at least 0.60$ probably. And the turn bet should have consequently been smaller then as well that is very much true :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      when you would have Qx hand but rather would plan to protect your hand with bigger bet.

With Qx vs this opponent I would have bet ~0.75–0.80$ on this flop since he folds so rarely and since I probably don't need to balance my sizing all that much vs him anyway. Is it not a good idea to bet smaller with a bit weaker hands on this limit in order not to make the pot too big for the strength of our hand, provided we are not being exploited this way? 0.50$ in this case might be a bit too small should have gone for at least 0.60$ probably. And the turn bet should have consequently been smaller then as well that is very much true :)
      Well, but if you are betting for value then why do you Bet smaller with mediocre hands? Do rather the same with both ranges. Especially if you change the sizes so dramatically it doesn't really make sense to make such a small bet on the flop, what did it change on the turn that now you made such a huge Bet?
      Bronze
      Well, but if you are betting for value then why do you Bet smaller with mediocre hands?

Should I not? If my hand is stronger then there are much more combos that I can get value from, hence I can raise bigger since villain is more likely to actually call/raise. Unless we are worried about balancing it sort of sounds reasonable. Although the above mentioned argumentation looks a bit paradoxical since bigger bets = bigger fold equity usually (for this very same reason I also think we can bet smaller with non-monster hands, since we don't want to create too much fold equity so that villains can call with weaker ranges).

Although the reasoning behind keeping the same sizing could as well just be – if you're ahead, then just bet and bet as big as you can as long as your betsize is overall getting called with a weaker range. So I might have just started a wrong/too complex thought process :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, but if you are betting for value then why do you Bet smaller with mediocre hands?

Should I not? If my hand is stronger then there are much more combos that I can get value from, hence I can raise bigger since villain is more likely to actually call/raise. Unless we are worried about balancing it sort of sounds reasonable. Although the above mentioned argumentation looks a bit paradoxical since bigger bets = bigger fold equity usually (for this very same reason I also think we can bet smaller with non-monster hands, since we don't want to create too much fold equity so that villains can call with weaker ranges).

Although the reasoning behind keeping the same sizing could as well just be – if you're ahead, then just bet and bet as big as you can as long as your betsize is overall getting called with a weaker range. So I might have just started a wrong/too complex thought process :D
      What I tried to point out that I'd keep betting the turn also the similar size then if I'd do it on the flop 50 cents then I'd head towards $1 on the turn. But of course it's not really huge difference but just the matter of bet size which I mentioned on the flop could be different. :D Also avoids raises vs us.
      Bronze
      What I tried to point out that I'd keep betting the turn also the similar size then if I'd do it on the flop 50 cents then I'd head towards $1 on the turn. But of course it's not really huge difference but just the matter of bet size which I mentioned on the flop could be different. Also avoids raises vs us.

OK, I will try to keep the betsizes similar in such situations.

But is it still OK to bet a bit smaller with mediocre made hands for pot control reasons vs fish? We don't have to balance as of yet on this limit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What I tried to point out that I'd keep betting the turn also the similar size then if I'd do it on the flop 50 cents then I'd head towards $1 on the turn. But of course it's not really huge difference but just the matter of bet size which I mentioned on the flop could be different. Also avoids raises vs us.

OK, I will try to keep the betsizes similar in such situations.

But is it still OK to bet a bit smaller with mediocre made hands for pot control reasons vs fish? We don't have to balance as of yet on this limit.
      Vs fish should be still fine cause they don't really adjust, unless the guy of course is aggressive.